1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Drm150

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Sasqwatch, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Sasqwatch

Sasqwatch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone got one of these? I am thinking of buying one, and wanted to know how good it is?

thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    The recorder is brand new so experience of it is minimal as of yet. It is one of the first JVC models to feature RGB in/out so there is alot of interest in it - the JVC range of recorders are excellent bar the RGB input omission. The other models you could look at are the Panasonic ES20D and Sony GXD500 - both have Freeview tuners. For info on those models have a look at this thread.

3. buchowski

buchowski
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I understand that the Panny also upscales DVDs to 480p or higher. Does this also mean that this kind of upscaling DVD player/freeview tuner will/can upscale digital TV broadcasts?

Ideally I'd like to see a machine which also incorporates xvid/divx and the ability to connect a DTS/5.1 speaker setup. I don't fancy a HTPC or Reelbox - just too many features which I would never use.