JVC DRM10 owners please read + connection conundrum

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rozzar, Jun 29, 2004.

1. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    does your DRM10 have a fan thats in operation ALL the time, even on standby?

also, how do you link it up to your freeview/sky box?

my Philips freeview will output RGB through the scart, and L1 on the JVC will take RGB through the scart. However, theres no way of viewing the RGB signal, unless i am very much mistaken? L2 scart is afaik just an input and my TV doesn't have component ins

whats the best way of wiring the system?
    The Freeview MUST go to the DVD recorder. The DVD recorder doesn't have to link to the AV receiver. I dont' want a lower quality signal than S-Video going to the DVDR.

Freeview DTR1500- choice of S-Video or RGB scart outputs (but not one of each- they have to be the same)

TV- only has 2 scarts. AV1 is RGB, AV2 is S-Video. This is currently in use by AV reciever, switching between dvd player and xbox

DVD player- has 2 scarts, both of which are RGB ( i believe ) although only one is in/out. theres s-video terminals too

DVD recorder- has 2 scarts, only one of which is RGB (i believe) and only one is in/out . theres s-video terminals too

if anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

2. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I have the DRM10 and my understanding is that there is no RGB Scart input. I have bought a JS Tech RGB2S-Video converter that takes the RGB output from cable box and sends RGB signal to plasma and S-Video signal to DRM10. I then use component output from the JVC for watching DVDs

3. Shrub

Shrub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I understand it the L-1 outputs RGB so that signal should feed out to your TV for best quality playback. You can set the L-2 input to S-VIDEO (p.85 in manual) so you get best possible recording quality (there is no RGB input on the DRM10). Looking at the manual there's another option to set L-2 to SAT S-VIDEO but then you have to set L-1 output to COMPONENT (this is if you want to watch Satellite TV via the DRM10 without turning it on.

Having said that I'm no expert and do find it a bit confusing to say the least!

4. Michaeln

Michaeln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I've noticed the fan on my DRM10 going even when it's been switched off for hours. I noticed that the fan stays on permanently when you select SAT VIDEO or SAT SVIDEO on the L2 input menu on setup. I think the fan problem also occurs on the earlier DRM1 model.