1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jvc drm 30 v panny e95

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cybergools, Jul 30, 2004.

1. cybergools

cybergools

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    these are the new 160gb hd dvd recorders? any views which ones the best....jvc is about £100 cheaper but panny available as multiregion (very important for me as I have discs from allover) plus compatability with storage cards etc.
    Any thoughts on pros & cons.....your views :D :clap:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,214
    It depends really - both are fairly similar in features/performance/functionality.

The Panasonic E95 has the following major features over the JVC:
    - RGB input (important if you are recording from Sky/Freeview/Cable)
    - DVD-Audio (2-channel)
    - SD/PC Card Slots

The JVC though has the following major features over the Panny:
    - DVD-RW recording
    - Animated thumbnails
    - Library function
    - Live memory

The two other 160GB models to consider are the Toshiba RDXS33 and the Pioneer 720. The Toshiba will be out October time and is likely to be the best of all four models what with it's powerful authoring options as well as DVD-RW support and RGB input. The Pioneer is the weakest of the four as it lacks progressive scan, card slots, DVD-RAM support etc and is only really worth considering if you want a RGB capable DVD-RW recorder NOW.

If buying now, i.e. a choice between the Panasonic, JVC and Pioneer, I would choose the Panasonic E95 as it is the best featured. However it entirely depends upon your planned uses: the Live memory/DVD-RW recording could be much more important to you than RGB input. Also the JVC is alot cheaper! The Toshiba RDXS33 will be an excellent model - but whether you want to wait 3-4 months is your choice.

3. cybergools

cybergools

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    thanks rasczak for you info....yes i can wait 3/4 months..just but all depends onprice multiregion option...i have a budget of £650 and therefore if places such as www.digital-point.co.uk will sell the tosh for less (than my budget) then i'll consider. my needs are:
    1)off air recording both digital and analogue
    2) camcorder editing and transferring onto dvd-r
    3) multiregion playback as i have discs from every region

any further info or website relating the forthcoming tosh? :clap:

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,214
    AFAIK specifications wise the Toshiba RDXS33 is going to be a carbon copy of the RDXS32 but with a 160GB HDD. I should imagine you'll be able to pick one up for £650...