1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DRM-10 or Panasosnic DMRE55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nigelw2004, Oct 29, 2004.

1. nigelw2004

nigelw2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone advise which of the above is best. I need something easy to use with timeslip, 8hr rec time, jpeg, and good quality/reliability. Oh and I understand some DVD recorders have fans which run all the time, are these noisy? Are there any known problems with either product other than the menu thing on the Panasonic mentioned in the forum?
    For info I already have a JVC TV (1 yr old). Thanks.
    Nigel.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    You're in the wrong Forum mate. ;)

Mods?

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,235
    Moving!

4. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nigel

If you do a search of the Forum you will see that the JVC has some reliability issues (I should know, I'm on my second). Some members (presumably more knowledgeable than I) have posted that there is a fix for the problems, but even my current machine does an occasional green flash with certain DVD-R.

The fan is not always on on the JVC unless you place it in Sat mode (i.e. it can be triggered by an external source). In normal mode the fan comes on every hour when the clock re-sets itself. You can turn this off through the menus. As with most background noises, when the fan is on you notice it starting and you notice it stopping, but once on it blends into background noise.

I find the JVC is easy to use (and timeslip is a fantastic invention), but as I've not used any other recorders, this shouldn't be taken as a guide

You should perhaps ask yourself whether you need RGB input (which means the Panny) or DVD-RW support (which means the JVC).

5. nigelw2004

nigelw2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John,

Looks like I'll probably pitch for the JVC but I'm curious to know what went wrong with yours and whether the replacement is any better?

Thanks

6. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0