Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

JVC DRM 1 HELP NEEDED! It may be broke...........

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by whiteswan, Oct 27, 2004.

1. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi

My JVC Dvd recorder from the skybuy debacle has gone a bit wonky.

I left it recording something and went out - came home to find "loading" flashing in the display along with the blue fascia light.

Tried switching off at plug - and back on - does nothing - pressing eject etc - does nothing.

Its been flashing a few hours now so its not a temporary thing.

Think if i can get the disc out it may help - but cant open the drawer - does anybody have any ideas?

If it is faulty - dont think I have much chance of getting another unit from Skybuy!

Thanks

Dave, Oldham.

2. 888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Look on pg 110 of the user guide for reset instruction. If you can't reset, try powering down by pulling out the mains plug for a few minutes then press ON/OFF and the STOP button as recommned in the user guide. Keep trying it will come out!

I have had this on a few occasions even with commerical discs. The player does not seem 100% solid but I would say 95%. Shame really.

P.S. Had a bad CDR in a friends PC last night and I was close to reformat the HD because the disc wouldn't come out :-( It came out after a power reset in the end :)

3. Shrub

Shrub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a DRM 10 in June 2004 (not through Skybuy) and it froze with "loading" flashing in the display (this would sometimes happen part-way through a recording). I sent it back to JVC via the dealer and it was repaired. Then the playback had loads of interference; green streaks appeared and then the whole picture went. Once again, sent back to JVC via the dealer.

Now a new problem - a loud crackling sound when watching or recording programmes. So once again I'll have to speak to the dealer, this time though I'm so fed up I'd like a refund whilst it's still covered. Once the guarantee runs out I know I'll be stuck with a malfunctioning unit. Not impressed, especially as I've read other people have had at least the "loading" and streaks problems!
    :(

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    There is a simple resistor mod for both of these problems. The green flashing/Loading problem was identified late last year and the modification was available from August. Then the audio crackle problem showed on a few units and there is now a second resistor mod for that. Once both mods are done the unit will be fine.

Unfortunately the above doesn't apply to the DR-M1, the title of this thread. If that is displaying "Loading" it points to a "real" fault.