• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

JVC DR-MX1S Menus/GUI Language Setting

chipray

:hiya: My first post, so please forgive any ignorance. I have searched through the forum and not found this query in earlier threads.

I have owned this JVC DR-MX1S VHS/DVD/HDD combo machine for nearly a year and am delighted with it apart from the inability to change Skybox channels and the occasional refusal to delete a recording on the HDD at the first time of asking (solution is to re-boot and try again). My only real problem is probably thanks to the French Government in that only French is available for the on-screen menus. The supplier does not want to know, and the French JVC website do not bother to answer such queries.

If I had bought this machine in the UK there would be a choice of 10 different languages (according to the pdf handbook I downloaded and according to the website of the French supplier) but guess what - the relevant page is blank in the supplied handbook.

So - are there any JVC experts out there who know a solution to this minor problem? I do speak French and understand all the menus and functions but English is my first language and I would just prefer to see the on-screen language match the language on the machine itself and the remote control:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom