Jvc Dr-mx1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alex812, Jan 10, 2005.

1. alex812

alex812
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see very few posts on JVC in various forums that I have looked in on. Lots of Panasonic, Pioneer, Toshiba, Sony etc. etc. But only a few on JVC.

Am I missing something because the JVC DR-MX1 has caught my eye and that’s quite a lot of dosh (to me) if I’ve got it wrong. I appreciate that the MX1 does not have RGB-in but my maximum screen size is never likely to exceed 28 inches as I’m strapped for space – even 28 inches is pushing it. Present TV is elderly Panasonic 24 inch 4:3 and I intend to only pension it off when it breaks. Also eyesight isn’t what it used to be.

“Stapped for space” is also why the MX1 appeals. VCR, DVD and HDD in one package.

Advice appreciated, even if it’s not what I want to hear

Alex

2. andykaz

andykaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have a 28" tv, and did not think in was worried about the lack of RGB (and so was considering the DR 20). I then checked my telewest set top, and realsied i was outputing through composite not RGB. After swapping over, there is a dramatic improvement. I went for a Panny with RGB input in the end!

Hth

Andy

3. captainpacific

captainpacific

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    JVC caught my eye too but, on extensive digging in various forums and reviews, I was scared off by an uncomfortably large number of negative reports on reliability for a few of their machines. I don't like hassle and failures, so I went for Pioneer, and I'm very pleased with my decision so far.