JVC DR-MX1 Programme Titles

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johnhoward111, Jun 19, 2005.

1. johnhoward111

johnhoward111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know whether the JVC DR-MX1 should capture programme titles when programmes are being recorded to the HDD? The instruction manual doesn't mention them anywhere. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    No it won't. It only has an analogue tuner and the only way to do that in analogue would be to include a teletext decoder and extract the titles from that.

The forthcoming DR-M150 DVD recorder with integral DTT tuner can do it.

3. johnhoward111

johnhoward111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary

Thanks very much for your quick reply.

4. LizzyF

LizzyF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John,
    nothing really to do with your question but I have a fancy for the JVC model. I keep looking at the forums and have asked for views on this model but have had no replies. How long have you had the MX1 and what are your thoughts on it.

Regards

Lizzy

5. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never could find any mention of it in the Panasonic manuals but was pleasantly surprised when I found it did auto-naming. As far as I know, the Panasonics are the only models that do this apart from non DVD machines such as the Topfield 5800.

I am quite pleased with the MX1 although the machine sometimes does not like going backwards in the 3 hour buffer and converting the buffer to a permanent recording. I have also yet to find any DVD-R that will work at greater than 1x speed for dubbing. The manual states that I should "JVC" DVDs but have yet to find any. I have tried various brands from 2x 4x 8x and 16x - they all work but only at single speed despite setting the high speed option. DVD-RAM HD>DVD copies work at 2x though with all discs I have tried. I bought mine from Comet who did a price match and gave me £150 off their price and an extra 10% - turned out to be a very good deal!