1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DR-MH30 RGB input

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by denson, Nov 14, 2004.

1. denson

denson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of ordering this DVD recorder and am fully aware that it doesn't support RGB input on the SCART socket. It does however support RGB input on SVIDEO. I am thinking of buying an SVIDEO to SCART converter to run SCART from the sky digibox (AMSTRAD DRX-400) to SVIDEO in on the JVC recorder. Am I right in assuming that this will give me my RGB input for recording?
    The other question is that will the VCR control be available when using the SVIDEO input? What I mean by this is whether the sky box will be able to turn on the JVC recorder and get it to record programs if and when I have programmed my Sky personal planner?

2. Dan M

Dan M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Problem is, the s-video on the jvc is on the front panel. This can look very messy.Also i had no end of trouble with my DR-MH30, to the extent that i changed it for a Panny E95. I'm sure i read that JVC had recalled this model because of problems.