JVC DR-MH30 DVD/HD broke please help

T

Tony13

Hi all, I brought a JVC DR-MH30 Recordable DVD / HDD as a present for girlfriend 4 months ago (I was flush at the time) which i gave her just over a month ago now. Since starting using it (if anyone wants to know anything, ill be happy to answer) I noticed every now and then when id try to delete something off of the HD after putting it to disc, it would delete alot slower than normal (the blue line that moves across the bottom of the screen). Then as the line was full to indicate 'deletion complete' the screen would freeze. After re-setting the machine the deleted title would still be there. Now this was a pain but something i just took on the chin as a little bug until recently. It once again started to delete something slowly and i just thought "here we go", I waited for the screen to freeze so i could do the usual routine but this time when i re-set it i tried to go into my HD menu and each time i would press the OK button to go into the navigation screen it re-sets itself. Now every time i try to go into the HD through either the navigation, edit, or dubbing menus it resets itself to its flashing 'loading' stage. Apart from that one thing, i did have it pretty much sussed out if any ones thinking of getting one and wants to know anything. Tony

GaryB

The "LOADING" problem (and the cure), is well known. If you do a search on here you will find more details. Contact your dealer and they will arrange the mod.

T

Tony13

Eh, call me dumb but all i can find is either people saying they have swopped theirs because they dont like this or that, or a bunch of no it alls talking about "mods" and "resistors". But i dont work for no 'JVC' and i aint got a clue about resistors. So even though to you tech heads this all might be fun, theres no real help in telling someone to "search" a site when you know full well what the answer is.

redheat

Standard Member
I have had a DR-MH30 now for 12 months, in that time I have had two firmware updates and the digiboard replaced (all done by JVC). Initally I found 8 bugs from sound-on-sync problems when transferring to DVD, and these transfers having scenes speed up for no reason when played back on other players. It is now a very good deck since it has been fixed. The slow deleting I get IF the program being deleted also has a play list attached, as the deck checks and deletes all links to that program.

T

Tony13

Thanks for the answer's, I have sent an e-mail to the supplier telling them and are just waiting to find out what to do next. Im just a bit ******ed of at the minute because it was my sons 3rd birthday the day before and i had just put what i filmed with my camcorder on the hard drive and blanked the tape to use again ( its an old "viewcam"). So a replacement is no good to me as i want that one fixed and all i could find was people saying they just swapped theirs for either a new one or different make/model. So thanks for letting me know it CAN be fixed.

Top Bottom