1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DR-MH30, any reviews or thoughts

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sparkybun, Jul 13, 2004.

1. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi all,

Seeing as flavour of the month is the RDXS32, what is the word on the street about the JVC offering, with a 160Gb disk. I know it's approx £100 more but is it worth it?

Thanks in anticipation

Mel

2. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have liked JVC in the past but apart from the larger drive, don't know what else it will have to offer that the RDXS33 (160 Gb) won't. - Perhaps more untuitive controls and an easier manual! Perhaps it will accept 4 x DVD-RW which the Toshiba doesn't.

It does have optical and coax digital outputs, NTSC playback on PAL sets and animated thumbnails. We'll just have to wait and see what the final street prices are and what others on the forum think of it - Although the launch was delayed, I believe it is now "imminent" whatever that means!

3. Dan M

Dan M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I spoke to JVC on Monday and was told they still do not have a launch date. Probably not until August. I have been waiting since June. It seems to have all the right features for me for the right price.

4. muzza1uk

muzza1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Tabatha, how come you own 3 DVD-R/HDD combo do you just like technology are is there another reason behind it ? Which two would you get rid of if you could only keep one ?

Muzza1 :)

5. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You didn't ask about the PC based video recorders - There are another three of them!

They are used for logging purposes and have been acquired over a period of time. They are also very useful on when a number of channels are all showing a a programme I might like to watch but have not got the time to when they are broadcast. The time-shift is also very useful for starting a programme when it actually half-way through being broadcast.

It would be a hard choice as they all have their particular plus points but I think I would have to plump for keeping the Panasonic DMRE100 - it would be close thing though and I would only do it as the DVD-RAMs can easily be copied onto one of the PC's for editing/archiving.