1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DR-MH20 - is it really that bad?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gazza30, Sep 18, 2004.

1. gazza30

gazza30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have seen a couple of negative reviews on this machine. Is it really that bad, anyone got anything good to say about it?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    The JVC models seem to have got a bit of a bad press at present: they have had a few problems (which JVC have been working to resolve) and are up against some formiddable competition at present (current Panasonic/Toshiba offerings are very strong) and thus JVC is yet to make it's mark. The lack of RGB input is very disappointing. Potentially they do look good models - and I'm sure once the bugs are ironed out they will be strong contenders.

3. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im seriously thinking of getting one.

due to the fact it doesn't have RGB will recordings off sky be about the same quality as tape?

4. 888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the MR1. The lack of RGB is certainly sad. But to be honest I have not noticed any difference between the recording I've made using s-video and viewing the RGB directly out from the decoder into the RGB input of my PA20. If anything I find the MR1 cleans up the picture sightly.

People seem to hung up about RGB input. Often the source from the sat decoder is poor anyway and that is more likely to be your weakest link

Also, alot of decoders do not have 2 RGB outputs so you'll have to choose between viewing with RGB or recording with RGB.

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    You'll also find dozens and dozens of posts in this forum from people who have upgraded their TV/screen and suddenly realised that RGB is actually noticeably superior to S-Video from Sky/Freeview digiboxes!

6. ACoolDude

ACoolDude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DRMH30 which has just been replaced (well it has a different serial number) by the supplier because of firmware bugs in my original machine. I have only had it one day so far so its not clear whether anything has been fixed but the first thing it did was trash a DVD that i had forgotten to finalise with my first machine so not the best start!