1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DR-MH20 Confusion

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Spredo, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Spredo

Spredo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well still trying to decided on the JVC dr-mh20 it had a good review in this months "WHAT HOME CINEMA" scoring 92% and coming top in the group test while the PIONEER DVR-720H only scored 77%, can I here screams of only 77% :confused: , well thats what they gave it anyway back to the JVC has anyone got one and is it really that good because I dont here much talk about it and for a machine you can pick up for £330 with a free copy of i Robot its got to be a steal surly, :rolleyes: whats everyone else think. :)

Spredo

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Seems a reasonably fair score to me. It is a very good recorder but can't match the features of the Toshiba or recording quality of the Panasonic.

The JVC range are excellent DVD recorders that are loaded with features and give great performance. The lack of RGB input is the only downside - and a mjaor one for those who want to record from Sky, Freeview, NTL etc. Nevertheless if that is not an issue to you then the JVC is an excellent choice.

3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Agreed - I've just recently acquired the DR-M10 unit, and even though it's only NTL analog I'm using, the initial results are suitable impressive.
    I've no doubt the DR-MH20 will prove to be an equally impressive HDD DVDR.

4. Bosco

Bosco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lack of RGB should be enough to put anyone off, even if you don't have digital now you will do in the near future and there will be a noticable drop in quality from what you view via digital to what you record via composit. I'd go with the Panny or the Tosh if you don't like the results of the Pioneer.

5. Spredo

Spredo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks for all your advice, :thumbsup: I think I could be making the wrong choice and from what I have been reading the TOSHIBA RD-XS32 seems a good player to go for.

Spredo

:smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    The Toshiba RDXS32 is an excellent all-rounder.

7. bbskinz

bbskinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was very interested in buying a JVC DR-MH20 until I saw this. I'm new to DVD players and recorders and assumed that I would be able to set this up to record from my Sky box with no problems. The specification for this model seems to indicate that it has a scart input, wouldn't this do the trick?
    Will the Pioneer DVR 420 do this?

8. alzy5

alzy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys
    My girlfriend has got me one of these for xmas, and when i found out about no rgb input i was/am concerned,although after reading a bit it sounds like the quality recorded will still be better than video ,it still has rgb output so any dvds you watch will be fine, so herein lies the problem.. do i upset her and reject pressie or do i say thanks very much and live with it :confused:

9. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But very fussy reading media :mad:

10. JimBobUKuk

JimBobUKuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The JVC DR-MH20 comes with an S video connection, even though this does not have the quality of RGB in, but you could use this for your sky/NTL connection. You prolly wont even notice the difference!

I feel i am gonna get flamed for that! :(