Jvc dr-m150 freeview recorder any views

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lee G Williams, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Lee G Williams

Lee G Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: Seems to be a lot of discussion on panasonic and sony freeview dvd recorders but no threads or views on Jvc dr-m150. It appears available and in stock on several web-sites for as little as £205 (plus delivery). Jvc recorders have had favourable reviews in the past, let down only by lack of rgb input. Jvc web-site shows machine and specs, looks very nice and remote looks ok, can't see any reviews on it anywhere, does this machine exist or is it just a case of suppliers saying they have something in stock, when in fact it has not been released yet? Jvc recorders (dvd) I have seen on shelves before (dr-m1 in particular) have been far more substantial in terms of build quality than some rival machines at the time. Would be interested to know if there is a model following on with built in hdd/freeview? anyone?

2. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    ya I want to know too, I couldn't find any review anywhere. I tried to create a thread for JVC DR-M100 and it wont let me.

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,308
    It does indeed exist. It was released a few months ago. I guess the reviews will arrive in due course. I've used one and it works well. There's no HDD version planned in the near future.

4. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549

Can you give us some more info like the RGB quality, is there any noise present such as after image, image lag etc... How is the audio/video recording and finally the playback quality.

thx

5. Lee G Williams

Lee G Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would also be interested to know what the epg is like, does it show channels in a list where you can scroll up down and across a bit like on sky plus with one touch (red button) recording, can you buffer start/finish times, was also a little concerned about software reliability as I was recently considering buying jvc freeview box as second tuner (first box is sony, nice epg, connected to pioneer 530) but was put off by numerous reports of lock ups on another forum. Perhaps jvc, like sony, use a 'higher end' version of freeview receiver/epg for recorders that are the same as on their integrated flat panel tv's? :)