Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

JVC DR-M10 Help Please!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Wakefield Shots, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Wakefield Shots

Wakefield Shots
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have just taken delivery of machine. Linked to Sky+, Sony DAVS500 & JVC Widescreen Telly. Am using Packard Bell & TDK DVD-R discs. Have dubbed from Sony DV Camcorder via i-link to said DVD-R discs. This works fine. Manual says that I should then be able to edit out unwanted bits (I know this does not increase spare disc space), but the machine will not let me do this.

The editing option in navigation screen is grey (not black as it should be), and cannot be accessed. :thumbsdow

I really would appreciate any comments from people in the know as to where I am going wrong :blush: , or if the manual is lying :mad:

Thank you in advance :thumbsup:

2. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can delete individual titles on DVD-R but I don't think you can partial-erase a title. IMHO JVC DVD recorder manuals tend to be very confusing with respect to what you can & can't do in general. :rolleyes:

3. Wakefield Shots

Wakefield Shots
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am sure that I managed to partial erase a DVD-R disc when I recorded from Sky+. It just seems that the DV Camcorder footage is a problem. Any other ideas guys?

Thank you.