1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DR M10 DVD Recorder Component Out not working

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by benbtg, Jul 16, 2005.

1. benbtg

benbtg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a last ditch attempt before I return my JVC M10, I thought I should double check with the dvd forum that there is no firmware update or something else I can do to fix this problem.
    Basically Component works fine from my basic DVD player to my Panasonic TX32 PD50. But from the M10 I just get, how can I describe it, a black screen with blue flickering bands or stripes, like it just recieving blue. But I'm sure red and green connected ok. I definatley have it set to component out and tried the progsseive scan button but no change.
    Help :lease:

2. Glenn Uk

Glenn Uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    did you find a result to this or is this an 'unknown' problem?

i have the same DVD recorder and connected it via component to my Samsung Plasma and got similar results.

The set either says no signal or not compatible (or something like it).

However the set is much newer than the DVD recorder so i doubt its an issue with the standard of output unless its 1080p which i somehow doubt!

I do not want to go back to the wife and tell her the money i spent on the component cable is wasted and to have to buy a better RGB Scart cable.

FWIW the Scart output works fine with the TV so i do not think there are any issues with the machine generally, only the component output.

Glenn

3. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    in my case when I set up my component out on my sony , I used the wrong RED phono output and caused myself a problem just on that setting , easily rectified when you check properly round the back of the recorders

so ensure your red is in the correct socket at both ends , as you can easily mistake it for the red used for stereo sound

4. Glenn Uk

Glenn Uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for that, I have to admit the TV is on the wall which makes viewing the sockets an issue although i am sure i used them the right way round.

My reason for posting is two fold, 1st i have seen others have a similar problem, and second to find out if there is an obvious issue, yours is one such thing to check.

My plan is to take the TV off the wall so i can check for certain i am using the right sockets.

I also plan to hook up the V+ box using component to check that the TV is working fine (its only a week old so should be fine but hey you never know).

For clarification in case any one asks, I have changed the setting in the DVD setup menu to component out on L1 output and it doesn't make a difference to the TV.

I have seen an image but it was very shaky and the blue screen took over so there is a signal getting through of sorts.

Glenn

PS cheers for any further ideas/comments

5. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    Edit: Just fully read the thread and you've already done what I suggested.

6. Glenn Uk

Glenn Uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Gary

No such thing as a daft question, anyway we took it off the wall tonight and have re-connected the component cable and everything is working fine now.

As i had already detached the component cable i cannot be certain whether i had connected it up incorrectly or not.

However, i suspect that may be the case since it worked fine straight away.

FWIW I am really impressed with the output, I shoved in one of the lord of the rings DVDs and the picture quality is pretty good IMHO.

I am sure if compared to HD-DVD or blueray it is not good, but then again I don't have one of those so its about as good as i can get and I'm really pleased with the pq.

I wold say its a better than the upscaled SD from the V+ box at first impressions. I cannot compare it to the HD pictures from Virgin but i was impressed.

My wife is not really into me playing with settings and going back and forth to see so have to wait till she has gone out!!

Anyway thanks for the comments guys,

Glenn