JVC DR-M10 - Any RGB Scart Input

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Free To Air, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Free To Air

Free To Air

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have looked around in vain for a detailed spec sheet for the JVC DR-M10 to see if it has the scart input RGB enabled. The JVC UK website still only lists the DR-M1 model and not the DR-M10 model.

Could anyone please let me know for definite if it has the above feature or not. I know the JVC DR-M1 did not have this feature but perhaps the upgrade included it. It seemed to be the only slight criticism of the DR-M1 from what I can gather from reading the forum & magazine reviews

Apart from the above are there any main functionality differences between the DR-M1 and the DR-M10, ie, which should I buy. My use is watching DVD's on the TV and the occasional recording to archive of TV programs & I have a Sky+ box for Hard Drive recording.

Also, some of the DVD's are "Internet Downloaded Movies" that I understand can often come in some of the older formats that I understand the JVC units can handle.

Regards
    moonbase

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Definitely no RGB Scart input on DR-M10.
    I have one at home at the moment, supposedly to replace a faulty DR-M1.
    It doesn't seem as well made as previous model, DR-M1 was Made In Japan, DR-M10 is Made In Germany but that probably means what was East Germany ?
    I don't know whether it shares LG internals with older model but it isn't any better either way.
    I am returning it tomorrow, will now wait for a new Panasonic. :(