1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Dr-m1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Richard QC, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Richard QC

Richard QC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any body got any thoughts or experience on the JVC DR-M1 DVD Recorder or the two home cinema systems that it features in (QP-ES8 or ES9)?

I am struggling to find a local retailer (Doncaster) where I can demo one before purchase.

Thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
  3. Richard QC

Richard QC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that little pointer, I am sorry not to have noticed the other thread. I spent hours searching the posts but must have missed that one, you'll have to excuse a newbie.

I was specifically looking for information on what sound outputs the DVD player has and what digital sound inputs the AV receiver has in the QP systems, ie number of optical or digital inputs. More specificially I want to attach the DVD by optical or coax plus my Sky+ using the optical link, therefore the AV receiver would require at least two controllable and switchable inputs as I do not want to manually switch cables

I did ask JVC the same question but the response "it only has one DV input so you can only connect one device at a time" is not perhaps the answer I was looking for or indeed the question I was asking!:blush:

4. jda

jda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JVC are very terse with their replies, if you get one that is!!!

Looking at the manual which is in English, it says it has both Optical and Coax outputs.

There is no RGB input (may have pass-thro) but has s-video inputs.

There are no DVD-recorders (as far as I've heard) having any digital inputs yet (heres hoping for next year).

Jim (almost decided on the JVC)

PS - Comet are supposed to be selling them but they only seem to have Panasonic (E50) or Philips (DVDR70) on show.

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Comet stores are slowly building up their displays. The Southampton store (which is only a moderate size one) now has Comet's full range: Panasonic E50, E60, HS2, Philips DVDR70, DVDR80, Toshiba RX3 and JVC DMR1. Other stores should be similarly stocked soon.