1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DR-M1 or Samsung DVD-R400

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bop, Sep 10, 2003.

1. bop

bop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been looking at both these recorders, both about the same price (£320) , the JVC has PAL progressive scan but the Samsung has NTSC progressive scan.
    What does this mean and which one should i get, or should I not bother with progressive scan at all and get a cheaper player like one of the panasonic models ??
    I realise that I need a compatable tv to play in progressive scan mode , but this wouldn't be a problem as I am planning on changing my tv in near future.
    Any other comments on wheather these players are any good would also be much appreciated.... thanks in advance

:) :)

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    To be honest - until we see reviews of either any comment on which one is best is going to be a guess. The Samsung is heavily based on the E50 (uses the same core) but has numerous extra bells and whistles (such as the NTSC PS and iLink). The JVC looks very nice on paper (and probably will be). I'd hold fire for a month until we see some reviews.