1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Dmr1 - More Help Please!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by whiteswan, Mar 19, 2004.

1. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Okay if i take the svideo signal from the sky plus box into the jvc recorder - will the jvc recorder record in svideo quality?

Someone is suggesting to me that it records in composite quality.............

Is this right?

Also I assume it has audio inputs as well for the audio?

Dave, OldhAm UK.

2. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Whiteswan yes you can do exactly what you say i ran a svid cable and two phono's for audio in to a cheap (around £2) scart convertor and plugged that in to the jvc, only one of the scart inputs on the jvc take svid so be sure to use the correct one, and then yes you will record in svid and i think you will be more than happy with the picture quality.

I feel the jvc is a good machine just two things i did not like about it the first being i found the graphical user interface a little bit cheesy, and the second wa that after 3 months my unit kept losing power as though i had unplugged it i did read on here as well that another owner had the exact same problem i ended up with a refund as the repair center said it was beyond repair after 3months can you belive that.

I hope you have more luck with your machine though as i say really they are a very good unit all the best.

3. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    ......for the reply.

Also can you watch a the sky plus box live through the dvd recorder?

ie if u just want to watch sky plus does the jvc take the pic from sky plus and pass it through to the components so u can watch it (without recording).

Thanks

Dave

4. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes it does as long as the recorder is on it will also pass a live feed through in pal progressive scan if you wish.