Quantcast

JVC DLA X5900/X7900/X9900 owners thread

Stridsvognen

My preferences have always been different to everyone I know on here: I started at -15 and the furthest I went up was to around -6. At various points in time, I gained brightness back, as can happen with lamps. So, I was able to hover at around an average of -10 I would say, for most of my usage till the lamp expired.

This is good to know. thank you kindly for this information, @jfinnie. So, do you recommend folks get a new lamp + housing if they can afford it? I cannot afford the housing, hence trying to seek out just the lamp. Is there a a chance I will experience a lower life next time around by installing a new lamp into my existing lamp housing?
I would not worry about putting a new USHIO lamp in the old housing, however most USHIO lamps you get is fake china copy products, and most people will have a hard time to tell the difference, so you need to check every single detail and finish, and measure lightoutput to see if it adds up, the safe way is buying complete original lamp, i just ordered a new original X500 lamp and a USHIO lamp in unoriginal housing, and it was for sure a bad copy of a USHIO, sent it back and another one is on its way from myprojectorlamps.eu

fallinlight

I would not worry about putting a new USHIO lamp in the old housing, however most USHIO lamps you get is fake china copy products, and most people will have a hard time to tell the difference, so you need to check every single detail and finish, and measure lightoutput to see if it adds up, the safe way is buying complete original lamp, i just ordered a new original X500 lamp and a USHIO lamp in unoriginal housing, and it was for sure a bad copy of a USHIO, sent it back and another one is on its way from myprojectorlamps.eu
Cheers laddy, I will avoid them all then and save up for the housing + lamp to be safe and have peace of mind.

fallinlight

@Stridsvognen, Beamer Parts replied,

"For JVC X7900 we offer USHIO NSHA270NE1/C bulb. You can place your order here: JVC DLA-X7900 lamp/bulb - Fast worldwide shipping, great prices
If you are searching for USHIO NSHA250JK you can place your order here: USHIO NSHA250JK bulb - Fast worldwide shipping, great prices
Both lamps are original and we have them in stock.
For installation these lamp you will not need any special tools.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us".

Even though they said the part is genuine, do you think it is still likely to be a cheaper/ lower quality knock-off? If so, I will proceed to purchase a full lamp + housing from Alan. I wanted to check before I do so. Kind thanks

Stridsvognen

@Stridsvognen, Beamer Parts replied,

"For JVC X7900 we offer USHIO NSHA270NE1/C bulb. You can place your order here: JVC DLA-X7900 lamp/bulb - Fast worldwide shipping, great prices
If you are searching for USHIO NSHA250JK you can place your order here: USHIO NSHA250JK bulb - Fast worldwide shipping, great prices
Both lamps are original and we have them in stock.
For installation these lamp you will not need any special tools.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us".

Even though they said the part is genuine, do you think it is still likely to be a cheaper/ lower quality knock-off? If so, I will proceed to purchase a full lamp + housing from Alan. I wanted to check before I do so. Kind thanks
Its very likely to be a knockoff, to know for sure i would need the lamp in hand, sometimes these lamp sellers dont even know what they are selling, doubt they know anything about projectors and lamps.
Only way to be sure is to buy original, and i see the UK prices on this model is cheaper than in the rest of europe.

Stridsvognen

If you read the document :

detailing the tolerances and complexities of the design and manufacture of these UHP lamps you'll probably agree that it's best to just pay the extra and go with the proper, original lamp.

I haven't had to replace my lamp yet but when the time comes I'll be getting a genuine JVC lamp.
USHIO manufacture the lamps for JVC.

fallinlight

Dear @Stridsvognen, @cynix, thank you both. @Stridsvognen, yes, I noted the inflated European price, crazy. I will be purchasing a genuine lamp + housing shortly.

Best wishes all and good health and well being to you and all my fellow AV lovers,

fallinlight

Last edited:

MickB

Hi,
I've just replaced my X30 with a 7900. Until I can get a well-known calibrator to do a full config,are there any basic changes I can make via theproj menus, or in my Radiance Pro to get the best picture please?
I watch a combo of Sky HD, blue-ray, amazon & netflix via Panny UB820. All signals are routed via 1 input into the Radiance.

DannyBoy73

Hi,
I've just replaced my X30 with a 7900. Until I can get a well-known calibrator to do a full config,are there any basic changes I can make via theproj menus, or in my Radiance Pro to get the best picture please?
I watch a combo of Sky HD, blue-ray, amazon & netflix via Panny UB820. All signals are routed via 1 input into the Radiance.
@Gordon @ Convergent AV did my x7900 and Lumagen, would defo recommend if you're not using him already.. :)

razy60

Hi,
Download the pc software and install these to test
Should give a reasonable result

MickB

thanks razy, is there a dummies guide out there, I've heard of the Javs curves, but no idea how/where to start?
cheers

razy60

thanks razy, is there a dummies guide out there, I've heard of the Javs curves, but no idea how/where to start?
cheers
@Thatsnotmynaim would be the one to ask he posted that link.
Not tried myself yet as when I got mine it had already been calibrated.

Stridsvognen

Might be a idea with a guide how to calibrate those curves, and how to, and not to use the autocalibrate, think thats even more important to image quality.

fallinlight

A message to Allan at Ideal AV, are you on here? If anybody knows, please let me know.

My JVC X7900 lamp is finally due to arrive this Friday:

Dearest Alan, @Member 518284,

I am ecstatic with joy with the news that my lamp is due to be with my this Friday. After the hardest events and experiences of my 34 years, but amidst the crisis in which I continue to fight, all I have wanted for a short while, is to bunker down in my humble home cinema, in the safety, peace and the comfort of some of my most beloved films... and video games!

During this unprecedented and extremely difficult time for all, I want you to know that your provision will certainly help my time at home and other's, to be filled with some of the things they still love most, offering some much needed relaxation and peace. This transaction and your provision of a JVC X7900 lamp to me, has never held so much merit and worth; in an unprecedented time, it has an unprecedented meaning for me that crosses many facets: Firstly, I am very glad to be able to support a small business like yours during these extremely pressing economic times, so I appreciate you being here on call for others and myself at the drop of a hat - I commend your service, again - and I hope my custom helps to do you well during this very difficult time. The mere idea of physical items - essential or not - being available, viable and still possible during the current grave and uncertain climate and obstacles we all face together, along with the mutual positivity shared and gained from of a fruitful transaction, fill me with pride and hope. Though, many including myself are struggling, this also helps to reaffirm important economic and simply, vital social bonds from those that need or can be helped with our support. And amidst the now, new, constantly evolving present and challenging day to days we live, it places a great emphasis on everything and anything for me, now. Hence, the value that I see and find in being offered a projector lamp - I am grateful to be able to purchase and own a new one. Your products - like the video games I sometimes play - help to offer some much needed escapism, catharsis and down-time amidst the strain, stress and collective fight in this crisis. And in that, surely some new inspiration. This in itself helps to promote good mental health and well-being, much needed during these difficult times.

So, with that said, on Friday, after many months of waiting and eager anticipation, after feeling that I have travelled so much from within myself; and for others, I look forward to lighting the glorious image once again from my beamer, to let light travel to my eyes, to to be whisked away and see just some of the other things I very much miss, and that are close to my heart.

Warmth, well-being and wishing you good business,

fallinlight

Last edited:

DannyBoy73

A message to Allan at Ideal AV, are you on here? If anybody knows, please let me know.

Dearest Alan,

I am ecstatic with joy etc..etc..
Wow, that is quite a special email....

fallinlight

Wow, that is quite a special email....
Dearest @dannyboy74,

Exceptional times need exceptional words.

What have you watched or played of late on your beamer? I already know what I am kicking off my new lamp with! Some of my childhood favourites gravitate to and run their reels over and over in my mind vividly:

Jurassic Park
The Goonies
Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark

And.. I would be remiss to forget 28 Days Later, which has been on my mind, naturally. Also a string of films on my list that I have ignored for far too long, now.

As for games, Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3 demo, a host of other horror games, a new file on Breath of the Wild and more. I still need to roll the old CRT out for some retro, too ;).

Wishing you good health and well-being, also,

fallinlight

DannyBoy73

@fallinlight yes you are indeed correct!

I've just finished a Marvel marathon (23 films) and loved it! I'd avoid watching most of them over the last 10 years and have just finished the last one on Sunday just gone.

The order I watched them in release order which is:
Phase One
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010)
  • Thor (2011)
  • Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  • Marvel’s The Avengers (2012)
Phase Two
  • Iron Man 3 (2013)
  • Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  • Ant-Man (2015)
Phase Three
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  • Doctor Strange (2016)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  • Black Panther (2018)
  • Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
  • Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

fallinlight

I've just finished a Marvel marathon (23 films) and loved it! I'd avoid watching most of them over the last 10 years and have just finished the last one on Sunday just gone.

Phase One
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010)
  • Thor (2011)
Phase Two
  • Iron Man 3 (2013)
  • Ant-Man (2015)
Phase Three
  • Doctor Strange (2016)
  • Black Panther (2018)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
So much cool awesomeness in one list - amazing! Well done! :thumbsup:

Keep up the entertainment consumption!

fallinlight

fallinlight

Phase One
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010)
  • Thor (2011)
Phase Two
  • Iron Man 3 (2013)
  • Ant-Man (2015)
Phase Three
  • Doctor Strange (2016)
  • Black Panther (2018)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
The last Marvel film I viewed on my beamer was Endgame - my god, what a jaw to the floor film. So blessed to have add such a stunning wave of consistently quality action films in my time. Awesome to view in HDR from the X7900. I am a big 3D fan, too but tend to only watch HDR versions, now.

Stridsvognen

Just recived pictures of another USHIO lamp today from myprojectorlamps.eu after returning the first one, and its clearly yet another fake USHIO copy.
Made a dedicated thread about it here.
JVC USHIO.jpg

Member 518284

Distinguished Member

Dearest Alan, @Member 518284,

I am ecstatic with joy with the news that my lamp is due to be with my this Friday. After the hardest events and experiences of my 34 years, but amidst the crisis in which I continue to right, all I have wanted for a short while, is to bunker down in my humble home cinema, in the safety, peace and the comfort of some of my most beloved films... and video games!

During this unprecedented and extremely difficult time for all, I want you to know that your provision will certainly help my time at home and other's, to be filled with some of the things they still love most, offering some much needed relaxation and peace. This transaction and your provision of a JVC X7900 lamp to me, has never held so much merit and worth; in an unprecedented time, it has an unprecedented meaning for me that crosses many facets: Firstly, I am very glad to be able to support a small business like yours during these extremely pressing economic times, so I appreciate you being here on call for others and myself at the drop of a hat - I commend your service, again - and I hope my custom helps to do you well during this very difficult time. The mere idea of physical items - essential or not - being available, viable and still possible during the current grave and uncertain climate and obstacles we all face together, along with the mutual positivity shared and gained from of a fruitful transaction, fill me with pride and hope. Though, many including myself are struggling, this also helps to reaffirm important economic and simply, vital social bonds from those that need or can be helped with our support. And amidst the now, new, constantly evolving present and challenging day to days we live, it places a great emphasis on everything and anything for me, now. Hence, the value that I see and find in being offered a projector lamp - I am grateful to be able to purchase and own a new one. Your products - like the video games I sometimes play - help to offer some much needed escapism, catharsis and down-time amidst the strain, stress and collective fight in this crisis. And in that, surely some new inspiration. This in itself helps to promote good mental health and well-being, much needed during these difficult times.

So, with that said, on Friday, after many months of waiting and eager anticipation, after feeling that I have travelled so much from within myself; and for others, I look forward to lighting the glorious image once again from my beamer, to let light travel to my eyes, to to be whisked away and see just some of the other things I very much miss, and that are close to my heart.

Warmth, well-being and wishing you good business,

fallinlight
hi R

that really is a lovely post and can i just say a very big thank you to you

please keep safe and that includes everyone on here and we'll ride this dammed virus out together

Best Wishes to you all and remember, the virus does not move, it's people who move the virus ;)

Allan

PS. If your replacement lamp doesn't look exactly like this one when it arrives, albeit this is for the X3/30/7/70/9/90 models then it ain't genuine

IMG_8255.jpg

Stridsvognen

I got in touch with USHIO, they are sending some pictures to the factory to check.
The main purpose is to find a place to buy original USHIO lamps, bare lamps, as with these older JVC projectors its hard to justify the price of a new lamp with housing from JVC, so if possible to actually buying the exact same USHIO bulb, for a significantly lower price, it would help keeping some of these projectors alive and in good helth.

Last edited:

Trending threads

Latest News

UK telecoms come together to keep country connected
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sharp and NEC display venture to push 8K + 5G tech
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon and Marantz bring Roon compatibility to products
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published