JVC DLA- X30, X70 and X90 (UK specs) discussion/owners thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(MOD EDIT: Hi. Please use this thread as a continuation from part 1 which can be found here....http://www.avforums.com/forums/proj...70-x90-uk-specs-discussion-owners-thread.html)

Do you guys know if there is an option to reduce side spillover and save it with the lens memory.
I have a 2:35:1 screen, 16:9/2:35:1 are great but 2:40:1 has a slight left/right spill.
I can apply a mask for this but it seems to keep setting for all ratios.
Is this when I would use user 1-5 settings so I actually load the user and then the saved lens memory?
And final question, when checking convergence, I load the AVS disc and it looks good. What am I actually looking for, is it eg. If there is a red line and there is a tiny blur of red beside it, is this what you guys are moving(pixel) so it lines up?
I'm not going to calibrate greyscale for a while to let her break in, but wanted to make sure convergence was ok.

So far I'm loving it, I will need to reduce the sharpness as there is a little grain.
I guess now I have her I should really read this thread from scratch!
Thanks.

Last edited:
Stevie - I'll take the easy one! Lamp mode is under Advanced at the bottom left-ish of the menu screen when you're in the Picture Menu (the leftmost of the various options menus).

But, seriously, the lamp is so much louder in high you shouldn't need to check ;-)

Stevie - I'll take the easy one! Lamp mode is under Advanced at the bottom left-ish of the menu screen when you're in the Picture Menu (the leftmost of the various options menus).

But, seriously, the lamp is so much louder in high you shouldn't need to check ;-)

Thanks I have been looking round the menus and feel a bit of a muppet for that question, it's sort of obvious, but I'm a man, so the fact that it was in front of me doesn't help:facepalm:

Been reading a few threads on AVS, seems to be some complaints about convergence.
I first powered mine on and the centre position was on the roof:rolleyes:
Anyway, was very simple to sort out the lens memory.
Then I started reading about convergence using the AVS test pattern.
Soem mention that we should re center the central position.
My convergence looks spot on (well eveything lined up and pixel shifting dodn't help any).

I have tested greyscale before but not convergence, I take I am good to go?

What is everyone using (picture mode) as a starting point for greyscale calibration?

If anyone is looking for a good PJ mount for there X30 I can certainly recommend LMP PJ mounts which has served me well for all my 5 PJ that I have owned and all that has needed changing is the base plate and Andy is a top bloke to deal with here is my X3 but it will also take the X30.

http://www.lmp-pc.co.uk/mount.shtml

Attachments

• IMG-20111223-00015.jpg
    IMG-20111223-00015.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 1,517
  • IMG-20111223-00016.jpg
    IMG-20111223-00016.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,231
Yep, I just got the same one with a 25cm extension pole, solid piece of kit to support this weighty beast!

Hi John

the LMP mounts are great and a very sturdy solution

for a more close to ceiling job I really like these

DSC01479-1.jpg

this X30 is in my new light/bright demo room with a Draper ReActII screen and i`m very impressed with both.

anyway hope you have a great christmas and a very happy new year

all the best John

Allan

Hi John

the LMP mounts are great and a very sturdy solution

for a more close to ceiling job I really like these

this X30 is in my new light/bright demo room with a Draper ReActII screen and i`m very impressed with both.

anyway hope you have a great christmas and a very happy new year

all the best John

Allan

It certainly looks tidy Allan and a excellent solution for someone considering a new install and I would certainly look at something like that if I did not have one already :thumbsup:

Have a great Christmas :smashin:

just got delivery of an RS65. Unpacking now ! Merry Christmas to all !

You must live in Switzerland to be able to afford an X90:)

x30 = rs45
x70 = rs55
x90 = rs65

Has anyone used projector point. They are selling the rs45 for a few hundred pounds cheaper than anywhere else!

Hi guys
This my not be an X30 question as such, as I'm fairly certain it's the AP.
My chain is ps3 - audiolab 8000ap - x30

I've set the ps3 up for 3d but when I try it I get a blank screen after the 2d intro menu on potc4 and tangled.
I guess it's hdmi into the ap .....
I'll tack a toslink in there tmrw and try ps3 - x30 direct.
I'm guessing that loses hd audio tho ....

I feel a bd93 looming ...... Allan @ Ideal might be in for a call following his superb demo of the x30.
Bloody nice bloke!

Merry Xmas all
Lighty

Going to buy this beast tomorrow! Just want to make 100% certain that the lens memory function still works even in 3D mode!!?? I have a 2:35:1 screen and that's the reason I never went for the Panasonic PTAE5000 because that lens memory does not work in 3D mode!! Please someone confirm this for me please??!!:lease:

it sure will

i`ve just blasted my self this afternoon with a 2.35 movie in 3d using the X30 and it was brilliant

you won`t be disappointed

Allan :smashin:

it sure will

i`ve just blasted my self this afternoon with a 2.35 movie in 3d using the X30 and it was brilliant

you won`t be disappointed

Allan :smashin:

Thanks Allan for that. If your place wasn't so far from me (South Wales) I'd be there tomorrow!

Has anyone used projector point. They are selling the rs45 for a few hundred pounds cheaper than anywhere else!

Plus 1 - great service as well :smashin:

Plus 1 - great service as well :smashin:

Aren't they just a 'box shifter' type internet place, doesn't look like they have a shop as such or any demo facilities? I can see they allow you to return any projector with upto 1 hour on the lamp, but I reckon as soon as they turn it back on it'll go to 2 hours (my HD350 seems to count 1 hour minimum at switch on). I could see them rejecting a return on those grounds alone. I think you'd have to be 100% sure that you're happy to buy whichever projector 'blind'. I did that once before and ended up with a Panasonic, so you can see it's not a good idea. ;):devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom