JVC DLA-NZ8 4K Laser Projector Review & Comments

bandyka

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'd like to ask you a question.
What do you think about replacing a JVC N5 + envy pro with a new JVC NZ7 + envy pro?
Could it make sense or isn't it worth it?
Thank you.
It depends, First off, what is your room like? Is it bat cave or living room?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
It’s a small dedicated room, with black painted walls and a 120” darkstar9 screen

At that image size, I can't see what you'd gain from upgrading. I'd probably concentrate on room treatments and as Strids said, your screen.

bandyka

At that image size, I can't see what you'd gain from upgrading. I'd probably concentrate on room treatments and as Strids said, your screen.
Exactly.

bandyka

A few things things though, the laser projected image has its own characteristics, that is very stable and calm, pleasing to the eye. If that is worth your hard earned along with instant on/off and no lamp replacement and once in a few years calibration, than yes its a good upgrade path.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
A few things things though, the laser projected image has its own characteristics, that is very stable and calm, pleasing to the eye. If that is worth your hard earned along with instant on/off and no lamp replacement and once in a few years calibration, than yes its a good upgrade path.
It’s not instant on. I watched a video of an nz turning on and it’s still not as fast as competition

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom