JVC DLA-NZ7 Native 4K Laser D-ILA Projector Review & Discussion

Very few dealers will cover a warranty for a product sold on by an end user as this can open up a world of problems for said dealers.

Sad UK dealers don't all come together and put pressure on JVC to allow transferable warranties.

Not sure if trandferable but RS offer 6 year warranty which is quite enticing for a £10k+ purchase.

I really want one of these but are they problematic/ unreliable , ( warranty problems) plus I’m in Japan and they’re £10600 retail but I have been quoted £9500. A huge price difference compared to the Uk, The problem is they won’t sell me a dual voltage and multi language menu version .this the mid range version of our NZ8
EF153051-D4B9-4E74-8FEB-8CF30B03FCA3.png

Last edited:
The UK market is tiny for JVC. RS can offer these additional warranties as they are a chain and box shift so worth their risk.

I'd say RS are a bit far off from a box shifter. They seem to offer a fairly personalised experience, definitely in store in my experience.

Maybe not as far as the custom home cinema installer, but I'd hardly equate them with the nameless companies who just provide the devices. They also do offer installation services.

I'd say a fairer explanation of why they offer such a large guarantee is they're a much bigger company than the smaller independant stores.

I do wonder who they take out the insurance with. I've tried to get my JVCs insured and its a pain. D&G aren't interested if its above £3k or so.

RS have a fantastic business model and do a great job in their area of expertise.

We have a business relationship with our local RS. RS are a fairly large company so can afford to offer these extended warranties but they do not not posses the knowledge of a dedicated CI company as it’s not their business model.

RS customer service is also excellent and I have made many purchases through them over the years for items that we don’t supply.

I'd say RS are a bit far off from a box shifter. They seem to offer a fairly personalised experience, definitely in store in my experience.

Maybe not as far as the custom home cinema installer, but I'd hardly equate them with the nameless companies who just provide the devices. They also do offer installation services.

I'd say a fairer explanation of why they offer such a large guarantee is they're a much bigger company than the smaller independant stores.

I do wonder who they take out the insurance with. I've tried to get my JVCs insured and its a pain. D&G aren't interested if its above £3k or so.
Agreed. Richer Sounds are far from a box shifter. They are an employee owned business who give an awful lot back.
They can give a good warranty because it is peace of mind for big purchases and ultimately no loss to themselves.
I have never had anything but excellent interactions with RS and will continue to use them when necessary.
I think they probably administer the warranties themselves. Although of that I am not sure.
They are transferable though I believe.

Agreed. Richer Sounds are far from a box shifter. They are an employee owned business who give an awful lot back.
They can give a good warranty because it is peace of mind for big purchases and ultimately no loss to themselves.
I have never had anything but excellent interactions with RS and will continue to use them when necessary.
I think they probably administer the warranties themselves. Although of that I am not sure.
They are transferable though I believe.

Their VIP warranties aren't transferable strictly speaking. Would be awesome if they could think twice about that, although given the huge length they offer - I can see why it might not work out for them.

Their VIP warranties aren't transferable strictly speaking. Would be awesome if they could think twice about that, although given the huge length they offer - I can see why it might not work out for them.
I thought that they are transferable but you have to sign it over. Not quite straightforward but doable as I recall. Might be wrong though, I will need to go and check. :)

I don’t think specific store ones should be transferable because ultimately they are just the facilitator for the manufacturer but manufacturer ones definitely should be. Ultimately if you have provided a 3 year warranty for something you make, regardless of who owns it you are saying it should work for at least 3 years so if it doesn’t then it’s defective and should be replaced or repaired FOC as they would if the original owner still owned it.

I don’t think specific store ones should be transferable because ultimately they are just the facilitator for the manufacturer but manufacturer ones definitely should be. Ultimately if you have provided a 3 year warranty for something you make, regardless of who owns it you are saying it should work for at least 3 years so if it doesn’t then it’s defective and should be replaced or repaired FOC as they would if the original owner still owned it.
I don’t disagree 👍👍

I thought that they are transferable but you have to sign it over. Not quite straightforward but doable as I recall. Might be wrong though, I will need to go and check. :)
Just bought something from someone who bought it from RS.. wasn’t the case mate

Just bought something from someone who bought it from RS.. wasn’t the case mate
I will go and check the small print. I am sure I read somewhere it is doable. Might have been another warranty mind..... :D

I see our German dealer on eBay is selling a new NZ7 for around £6700 including postage. Vat will come off and duty will be added but still a good price for those willing to take the risk regarding warranty.

I have emailed to ask them about this, I would exchange a couple of years warranty for the massive saving.

I have asked what the actual final price should be including duty etc.

Anything else I should be worried about?

I have emailed to ask them about this, I would exchange a couple of years warranty for the massive saving.

I have asked what the actual final price should be including duty etc.

Anything else I should be worried about?
I would definitely confirm what protection you would have in case of any issues. They do and can happen with projectors.

Rich@SeriouslyCinema

Can I ask anyone who has owned or used one their thoughts on fan noise when brightness is set to high. Reading a few people saying it's very loud, one person said unusable if in the same room. Nobody provided any measurements so its just really hard to judge what they count as high. Thank you in advance.

Can I ask anyone who has owned or used one their thoughts on fan noise when brightness is set to high. Reading a few people saying it's very loud, one person said unusable if in the same room. Nobody provided any measurements so its just really hard to judge what they count as high. Thank you in advance.
Yes high laser is too loud for my liking so I, like most other users will only go to mid laser at most even though high laser does produce a noticeably brighter picture which I prefer.

To use high laser you would need to construct a hush box or another ventilated space outside of the cinema room for the projector to sit in

Yes high laser is too loud for my liking so I, like most other users will only go to mid laser at most even though high laser does produce a noticeably brighter picture which I prefer.

To use high laser you would need to construct a hush box or another ventilated space outside of the cinema room for the projector to sit in
Can I ask of you game on the projector at all? Any problems not running at full brightness ? Mainly cod 4k 120.

Can I ask of you game on the projector at all? Any problems not running at full brightness ? Mainly cod 4k 120.
Sorry I don’t game! But I can’t imagine there would be a problem. Lag I believe is quite low and the projector is suitable for gaming although not the quickest on the market

I had the pleasure of demoing the NZ7 in rickyj@kalibrate‘s excellent dem room this week. It was the best image I’ve seen so far, lovely bright, colourful and excellent blacks. Wow I want one. It was the perfect combination with his Trinnov/Krix/Kaleidescape system. I’d love to replicate his system at home.

if I was going to spend on a new item an NZ7 would be the one but I just cant bring myself to spend £11k on one. I remember the purchase of my N5 and thinking that was a great purchase but it was a heck of a lot of money and that was "only" £6k. happily a new bulb after 2750 hours of use has really returned the wow factor to my N5 so will stick with it for a while longer yet.

Can’t help but feel that their bulb based projector will eventually cease to exist. So the min price of entry for JVC ownership will be one of these or equivalent. Moving further and further away from prices I can afford 😢

Can’t help but feel that their bulb based projector will eventually cease to exist. So the min price of entry for JVC ownership will be one of these or equivalent. Moving further and further away from prices I can afford 😢
I realised a while ago that if/when my current X7500 calls it a day that I'll either have to buy another used one or similar, or more likely just get a bigger TV. Time was I could afford to replace with new/ex-demo on a fairly regular basis but prices have gone up in the opposite direction to my willingness to spend that much on AV.

I realised a while ago that if/when my current X7500 calls it a day that I'll either have to buy another used one or similar, or more likely just get a bigger TV. Time was I could afford to replace with new/ex-demo on a fairly regular basis but prices have gone up in the opposite direction to my willingness to spend that much on AV.
You me both. Now I’m only volunteering and thanks to UK and global factors my proclivity for changing and upgrading is curtailed by a harsh does of reality! :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom