Bargain JVC DLA-N7 Black Native 4K HDR Projector - £6,400

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lgans316, Jul 10, 2019.

1. lgans316

lgans316
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,937
    eBay seller home-entertainments selling this for £6,999 but is ready to accept offer amounting £6,400. This in my opinion is a bargain as its nearly £2,000+ more elsewhere.

Note that I am not endorsing this seller as it was out of my range but thought it is worth posting about this for the sake of bargain hunters out there.

2. Stridsvognen

Stridsvognen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +404
    If buying a new JVC ill think buying from a local dealer will be prefered, as you might end up with a US import, and in case of any issues its a huge pita.

JVCs service is as bad as it comes for the end consumer, there is no way for you to get hold in JVC, and if the seller also got it sideways out of a storage somewhere he will not be able to provide any service as well.

Also be a good idea to get the right software to check that its not a demo unit that has been reset, as i think that happens a lot, as some that have the opotunity will select the best unit, and JVC tolerances is quite rough, can vary from good to extremely bad.

Many years ago i had the top model BENQ DLP projector, oposit JVC, Benq did not care who sold the unit, they just asked for a copy of my invoice, and shipped me a new projector and a return lable for the old one, after i sent a few pictures and described the problem.. Now thats service.

3. Baggy

Baggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I agree as reading the thread on AVS it seems pot luck on getting a good one with some going through 2-3 units before being satisfied.
    I would want the back up of an authorised dealer before risking such an expensive purchase.

4. jakimp

jakimp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    not a chance on this earth that I would buy other than from an authorised dealer in the UK - even if you cant get a discount off an N7 in UK - £6500 is too much to risk on getting a problem you cant resolve - you will get a UK supplied N5 for less than that with a cast iron 3 year JVC warranty and the peace of mind is worth way more to me than 100 lumens, a light path filter and a bit better contrast