JVC DLA-HD100 - Secondhand Value?

Simebaby

Hi All

Was mulling over selling my HD100 today secondhand. It's just over two years old with circa 1300 hours on the bulb.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be worth?

TIA

Si.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I would think something between £1100-£1300.:)

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I have considered the same but there is very little to really tempt me, even know.

What are you considering ?

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
I'd have thought that you'd need to be looking at a HD950 at least if not a HD990 to see an appreciable improvement from the HD100. Unless you just want more accurate colours, in which case the previous HD750 would be worth searching for used (and it's probably pretty much as good as a HD950 if truth be told).

Simebaby

I have considered the same but there is very little to really tempt me, even know.

What are you considering ?

TBH I didn't have anything specific in mind... it was more idle curiosity. At £1100-£1300 I wouldn't be selling anyway - the lack of colour management is a shame but not something that makes me want to replace it.

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I have had a 750 at home (Vipers) and we both agreed a fractional increase in clarity. Colour wise I have set up using the appropriate equipment and neither had a problem with any of the projectors for subjective accuracy. There was a fraction improvement to image brightness and punch with the 750.

The overall was alarmingly similar, to the point that a number of replays of the same scene was necessary to judge. Change scenes or films and you were not clear which projector was playing.

The 750 was better but not enough to warrant a change, far, far less than 100 over a 1. I understand the 950 is a little better than the 750, but very little. The 990 is perhaps the first unit to be a step forward, but the difference in price even today doesn't warrant it for me TBH.

In room work and copious amounts of velvet lift performance beyond anything achievable by moving from a 100-990.

I'll probably wait for the 990 to be replaced, Im just hoping it isnt a 3d projector that is no better than the 100 for 2d......

Alan Mac

I recently changed from a JVC DLA HD1 projector to a JVC DLA HD550.

Having the hot air exhaust port on the side of the projector instead of the front, turned out to be an advantage in our particular installation.

But the main practical improvement has been the reduction in cooling fan noise. The 550 is not silent by any means but it no longer irritates in the way the HD1 did.

As I understand it, the HD100 has much the same fan noise level as the HD1 - perhaps 1 dB less. So a change to one of the newer projectors may be worthwhile if fan noise is intrusive in quiet parts of the film soundtrack.

Alan

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
You are right the later JVC's are notably quieter the specs are some 5 db quieter.

I measured my PJ and sat underneath (PJ 0.5m behind and 1.5-2.0 m above head height) I read 24db, the specs are also 24db. I did get my unit down to 14db with a sound controlled box to surround, my Denon 3800 is now much more intrusive than the 100.

The noise from the later units also seem to have a less intrusive pitch

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom