1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DIST 32" TVs

Discussion in 'TVs' started by zorpas, Oct 14, 2003.

1. zorpas

zorpas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are the major differences between these two DIST JVC models: HV-32P37 and HV-32D25 ???

I've read in the forums that the old model had bad reviews whereas the new one is pretty good. Which one's the old and which one's the new model? Or are they both new and JVC discontinued the old one? I've read about a HV-32D25EJW model - is this the old one or something else?

I just moved to Cyprus from the US and am trying to decide on a DIST 32" TV. Not too familiar with all the European hype though, but am really keen on buying the HV-32D25.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.:smashin:

2. JonathanKnight

JonathanKnight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The HV-32P37 is the new model. As far as I know it is supposed to be an imporvement on the HV-32D25 but as it has literally only just come out I have not seen much about it. You can still buy the
    HV-32D25, I have seen it for about £850 (might be less now) here. I think the new one is about £1200 - £1300 (which is what the old one was when it came out so its not a bad price). They are also doing a 36" version of the newer one.

3. zorpas

zorpas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for the info so far.

So is the HV-32D25 model the one with all the bad reviews regarding the smearing and echoing effects introduced by Digipure? Is this really evident or are the reviews just exagerating. People who actually own this set please reply?

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +888
    The reviews are exaggerating and it's not as bad as they have said. The TV is not forgiving of bad sources though, feed it a decent quality source (NTSC or PAL progressive scan) and it can give excellent results.

Best thing is to go and look at one and make your own mind up. I've not seen the newer models in action so can't comment on them.

5. AndyX

AndyX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Comet say they will have the JVC HV32P37SJE in their shops in 7-10 days. I got a hold of their leaflet yesterday on package deals. The price is £1099 including progressive scan DVD player XVNA77 and stand. I am not certain if this is Pal or NTSC progressive scan.

I heard a rumour that the 36" model is out in December.
    Hopefully they will have got the D.I.S.T interpolation system sorted.

It will be very interesting to see if these sets support 1080i high Definition input through their Component Input: "Compatible with HD 1125i format signal"- from the JVC website.
    More details can be found at:
    http://www.jvc.co.uk/product.php?id=HV-36P38SJE&catid=100058&lid=

Unbeatable seem to have them for sale at good prices unpackaged.