1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC Digi Cam not recording, any advice?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by navigatorsyard, Dec 4, 2004.

1. navigatorsyard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have a JVC DVL-157E. I have had it for two years, use it infrequently. This week it developed an odd fault. When I record it seems to be doing all the right things, but when I attempt playback it just shows the blue screen as if I haven't recorded anything.

I must admit that I haven't used a headcleaner in all the time I have had it so I did that which made no use. The camera was giving some message about removal of the battery pack so could this problem be caused by a dodgy battery pack which needs replacing, could it do this sort of thing?

Any advice really appreciated, as I tried to get the Dixons staff to assist me but they had as much tech knowledge as a strained tea bag!!!

I am a novice user and I hope this is not ssomething really serious as I have not used the camera much!!!!

2. GaryB

Nov 12, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    St Albans
    The camera will go to blue screen if the data errors off tape exceed a particular threshold. It could just need a head clean or it could be faulty heads or replay electronics. Probably best to try a head cleaner first and take it from there. If it does need repair, PM me your rough location and I'll give you the name of your nearest JVC Digital ASC. There are only around 25 in the UK so make sure you don't just take to the local repairer as they won't have the necessary equipment.