JVC D-ILA Pink\Magenta Stripe Fixed - X35 in this case Pictures of inside optical block

I bought it in December 2019 with only 500hrs, it moved several times, do you think the lens would be off-center?

I took it apart this morning, no worries about aligning the mirrors, I don't know where it can come from

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_110109.jpg
    IMG_20200519_110109.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 322
the blue line begins a devier from the middle of the grid to be completely offset at the bottom.

Same issue here in my RS46 (x35)!

First of all, I've found a very useful information in this thread, thank you guys! :)

I have the same problem, blue begins a devier from the middle of the screen to be offset at the bottom, but for only one pixel. The problem is a little less noticeable, but it's the same!

I thought that the problem may be due to missaligment of the D-ILA panels, but it could be some filter or lens, have you made any progress? :)

I want to share information about the mod project that I am doing now :), I'm doing a modification for use a led light source in my JVC RS46.

I've done a ballast bypass last weekend. For do that I disassembled the projector and connect a logic analyzer to the ballast. I was looking for a communication protocol over serial ttl that is now present on new projectors, but this model is using discrete signals only. I did a short circuit on the optocoupler that carry the lamp status signal and It worked, the projector works perfect without a lamp, power connector on ballast was also removed. Tested with a 3W led, the luminance is too low, but enough to check that it works :)

I've attached the possible short circuits you can do for do the bypass, on the control board or on the ballast, I did the short circuit on the optocoupler because it's easier to solder, the connectors and pins are very small.

Ballast Bypass.jpg

I also have done a code for do a dynamic lighting, like a dynamic iris but controlling the led power.

I bought a cheap programmable power supply (DPM8608), and with the ffms2.dll plugin that works with avisynth you can log to an archive the average luminance in the scene. I did a simple script in powershell to take that information and send the desired voltaje command to the power supply. I suppose the code can be improved, I'm not a programmer, but it works very well :). It is intended to be used with a computer with a usb serial ttl. Possible It will be the first cheap JVC projector (not dla-Z1) with ∞:1 contrast xD

Now I'm anxious waiting for the high power leds. I bought 100W and 150W and hope to be enough, next step build the new led housing, also I have a 3d printer and I can design a new lamp housing for the led and optics that can fit perfect in the projector.

I'll update the progress ;)

Regards!

I want to share information about the mod project that I am doing now :), I'm doing a modification for use a led light source in my JVC RS46.

I'll update the progress ;)

Regards!

This looks to be a very interesting project.
With that in mind, might I suggest you start a new thread detailing your proposed mod, so others can find it more easily if they would like to have a go too? :smashin:
Not so easy if it is buried in a thread about a separate issue. :)

@Harcoreta

I assume you have taken into consideration the need for a heatsink (and associated cooling) with these powerful LEDs? Your diligence with what you have done so far suggests you will have. :D

This looks to be a very interesting project.
With that in mind, might I suggest you start a new thread detailing your proposed mod, so others can find it more easily if they would like to have a go too? :smashin:
Not so easy if it is buried in a thread about a separate issue. :)

Thanks DB9S!
You are right, I should open a new thread, but I'm waiting to see if the mod project can be done or close to being able to be done. I think the most complicated part now is put all the led luminance in the correct path into the projector.

I ran the projector light bulb outside of it, and the beam is very focused. Also was a little dangerous, I put my hand wearing with gloves at a 10 cm distance, and I could see smoke in less than 1 second :O, I will not repeat anything like this.

About the led cooling, If the new lamp housing (optics and the heatsink) is bigger than the projector lamp bay, the are a lot of space inside, there is a big duct that can be used for that purpose.

And... if I could get a good light output, other problems may occur with the led are, bad colorimetry, loss of contrast... it's all unknown xD

About writing in this thread, I would like to try to fix the blue missaligment , seems to be the same as Patrickphotos problem, it's not much but it would be great if it could be fixed. This is the only one thread all over the internet that went deep inside into JVC projectors ;)

and sorry.. my English is not so good.

Regards!

Last edited:
dreamvision response,

c is the optical block, we can do nothing.

Don't quite get what you mean. The optical block is most of the projector bar the bulb and the control boards. It is not user serviceable and is replaced as one part hence the cost :(

What in the optical block has actually gone?

a concern about the blue matrix apparently

Can the panels not be individually replaced? Assuming they can be got at of course.
I think obtaining a service manual might be the first thing on the list to check feasibility, followed by ascertaining if panels can be bought individually.
Hope it gets sorted.

Unfortunately the service manual does not cover any of the optical block other than complete replace it's a "single" part and from memory it is at least 1500 pounds so no point in doing so vs buying new.

No internal parts to the optical block are listed separately so would be guessing what the blue panel was even if you could get it. Not sure how it is attached as I didn't get that far in strip down.

Unfortunately the service manual does not cover any of the optical block other than complete replace it's a "single" part and from memory it is at least 1500 pounds so no point in doing so vs buying new.

No internal parts to the optical block are listed separately so would be guessing what the blue panel was even if you could get it. Not sure how it is attached as I didn't get that far in strip down.

That is the same in Sony service manuals as well.
I believe the panels are actually all identical. The colour is derived elsewhere.
If you are going to replace it with a new one anyway, then it might be worth a shot just for education if nothing else? If you can stomach the cost and you can source a panel that is. :)

Hey Guys, thanks for all the info that's collected in this thread. I stepped over it while searching for a solution with my specific problem on a jvc dla x500. And maybe the most input I can get anywhere, is here 😉

I bought a used x500 which has a light blurred blob when showing black screens. In my opinion, this would mean dust anywhere in optical path. So far so good. What confused me a lot is, that I can focus the blob twice - once above and once below the LCDs. How can that be? If focused, you can spot 2 very small "forein body's" lighting up in dark background.

Focused LCDs
IMG_20210619_234812.jpg
Focused the "things"

IMG_20210619_234644.jpg IMG_20210619_234110.jpg

Any hints where to start my search?

Guess I found the problem... There's a very small dot/damage on the green filter lens 🙄 Damn, and I thought I could just clean it.

I'm going to try cleaning my X5000 soon as I'm pretty sure it will have lots of dust which is affecting the brightness. What type of cleaning products are recommended for this kind of thing? Can I get something that would be suitable for cleaning camera lenses, for example?

I have just sent my X35 off to sontec it needed a new bulb and clean and mech adjusting 590.00 including carriage.

I tried getting the optical block out of my X5000 last night. I got pretty far but couldn't figure it out in the end. I got almost all of the ducting out from one side and got to the screws holding it down on that side. But it seemed like I would need to start removing everything on the other side as well to get any further. I just didn't feel brave enough. Looking into the block as much as I could it didn't look that bad anyway so I just put it back together.

I think that as a repair at sontec would be 150 plus vat plus pp

Hello community,

I have a damaged JVC DLA-NX5.

I bought it from a seller in the US who wrapped it so horribly that it arrived damaged. I replaced the broken front cover, so it looks perfectly normal from the outside now, but it has damage to the internals.

It works, but does not fill the screen fully (pieces of top and bottom are black - so bodies and faces are a bit shorter than normally). Also, when in "Pixel adjust" the pixel color lines are not aligned perfectly vertically - when all "pixel adjust" settings are in zero they are quite off, when corrected to the max (31) they almost align, but not quite. Horisontally there is no problem.

Would this be something that could be repaired? Could you recommend who could do it here in Europe, UK or possibly the US?

All best, and thank you

Niels Christian

Hello community,

I have a damaged JVC DLA-NX5.

I bought it from a seller in the US who wrapped it so horribly that it arrived damaged. I replaced the broken front cover, so it looks perfectly normal from the outside now, but it has damage to the internals.

It works, but does not fill the screen fully (pieces of top and bottom are black - so bodies and faces are a bit shorter than normally). Also, when in "Pixel adjust" the pixel color lines are not aligned perfectly vertically - when all "pixel adjust" settings are in zero they are quite off, when corrected to the max (31) they almost align, but not quite. Horisontally there is no problem.

Would this be something that could be repaired? Could you recommend who could do it here in Europe, UK or possibly the US?

All best, and thank you

Niels Christian
Sounds like some damage in the optical block, but it's impossible to say if it's repairable and whether it would be economic to repair it without an engineer's inspection. In the UK, the official service centre is Decam. The guys there are all ex JVC UK engineers (I'm ex JVC UK Technical Manager and I was their boss), and they know JVC projectors better than anyone.

Thank you so much for your time and your valuable response! I'll try to contact them. Best, Niels Christian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom