JVC D-ILA NZ7 minitest

markymiles

Distinguished Member
I don't have that data, it was a few years ago now, but it was way more than 5 % that's for sure. Like I say bulb hours were very similar to yours.

Yep agreed environment can be a factor as can how the bulb was used, how many on/off cycles, high/low lamp usage, lots of variables. Think we've done this to death now, lets move on...........

mb3195

Distinguished Member
I accepted that autocal affects the results and said so. However it appears I am not qualified to discuss bulbs dimming over time then according to you.

I have owned a JVC X5000 and unlike your 5% increase I had a much higher bump in brightness with a new bulb. Similar hours to yours. Same 265W bulbs that they have used for a long time if I am not mistaken. Both JVC originals, not some cheap copies. I accept results vary and yours is clearly then a lucky one hardly affected by degradation over time like most. Really didn't need this much discussion it just came across as quite remarkable.

As mentioned i also think the environment the projector is running in has a big effect on the lamp life, as well as low vs high lamp mode. did you measure the X5000 from new, and how was it used?
How many hours on the old bulb when you changed, and what was the difference?
I’ve just changed the bulb on an NX9. It had just over 800 hours on it. The brand new bulb is showing an increase in around 8-9%.

I’ve just changed the bulb on an NX9. It had just over 800 hours on it. The brand new bulb is showing an increase in around 8-9%.
That's quite a bit, running high lamp? Do the projector get enough cold air when running?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
That's quite a bit, running high lamp? Do the projector get enough cold air when running?
It did have, running both high and low. I bought it 2nd hand last week but have seen it’s location.

It did have, running both high and low. I bought it 2nd hand last week but have seen it’s location.
One of the problems is that JVC did not add a total hour counter, so if someone reset the hour counter you won't know.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
One of the problems is that JVC did not add a total hour counter, so if someone reset the hour counter you won't know.
Not this seller. He’s very well known and wouldn’t do this sort of thing.

Big thread on avs about bulb brightness drop, 5-10% in the first 500 hours seems about standard from what I’ve read.

Not this seller. He’s very well known and wouldn’t do this sort of thing.

Big thread on avs about bulb brightness drop, 5-10% in the first 500 hours seems about standard from what I’ve read.
Ill think some of that is calibration related, ill try get a new ballast in the RS600 see if that changes anything, just ordered a new X500 lamp coming tomorrow from Myprojectorlamp.eu tested multiple of those before with quite horrble results, they still advertise it performs as the original, so time to test again and leave them some trustpilot feedback.

groesbeek

Yes, I had 11% drop on my N7 after 740 hours only used low lamp.

Yes, I had 11% drop on my N7 after 740 hours only used low lamp.
That's scary considering the N7 has no light to spare in most cases.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom