1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC Cinema 100 any views ?????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ally100, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Ally100

Ally100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking about buying a JVC Cinema 100 package, and I was wondering if anyone had any views on this model at all and if anyone knows roughly what the price will be. I have been quoted £649 (for multi region)£600 standard.

2. Ally100

Ally100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doubledoom,
    Thanks for replying. I would rather have separates but i'm restricted by a buget. As for the varying models, well, i initially saw this model in 'Essential Home Cinema' magazine in which it received a very good review, however it does not get a mention in any other mag or forum, hence my question before I make my choice. According to the magazine the DVD has Scart (S-video/RGB siwtchable); S video; composite video; Digital optical/coaxial out; Analogue audio outputs. The amp 2x scart in/out; digital coaxial/optical in; sub woofer pre-out; AM/FM. I think i'm still none the wiser !!!!

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What version were you considering? CP-100AL, CP-100SP, CP-100DV? (although they are all variations of a theme)

The JVC site mentions it has scart, and 2 digital inputs (doesnt say co-ax or optical). There is mention of scart input but no mention of phono inputs.

Personally, i would stick with my previous comments on combined systems and say you should look at proper seperates.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With your budget of around £600, you could afford seperates. Take a look at RIcher sounds website and you will see.

(i don't work for them and i don't suggest you use them over anyone else. It's just that their site is easy to use and it's well laid out).

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    In general "all in one" systems do not offer the value, flexibility or quality of seperates and even at your budget better value and performance can be obtained elsewhere.

Have a look at the Yamaha HTIB-40 system which has been highly rated by What Hifi. It consists of the RX-V420RDS receiver and the NS-P220 speaker package. This can be coupled with the Yamaha S510 DVD player which is again highly rated and is visually consistant with the receiver.

I have been looking at this combo for a friend and have found it available ( with multi region conversion) for £636 at http://www.hifibitz.net

Ian

[ 14-10-2001: Message edited by: Ian J ]

6. Ally100

Ally100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doubledoom & Ian, Thanks very much for your thoughts. There is a lot to consider here. Some times too many variations. :confused: But thanks again for the much needed advice.