1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC, Canon or Panasonic?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by askipper, Jan 22, 2005.

1. askipper

askipper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a budget of around £400-£500.00 and need a camcorder for personal family use and for filming tutorials for a website I have (i.e downloadable windows media files or streaming files).

I've been looking at the Canon MV750i and have read good review from Camcorder User and users on amazon etc. But then I've also found some really bad reviews too - especially about it's capabilities on filming inside (which is most of what i'll be doing) - anyone had any experience with this camera they could share?

I've also read up a bit on the Panasonic NVGS120B - though a little more than my budget it seems to get good reviews on the whole though again - I've read it's not great indoors AND it doesn't have AV input which the canon does (which would be handy to use as a through device to get some old VHS tapes on DV and then on PC->DVD). Again, any opinions.

Finally, I used to have JVC camcorder that was OK so any ones suitable for my requirements in that family?

Help is really appreciated here - if there's one thing that bugs me is mixed reviews! I like ALL reviews to be good before parting with my hard earned cash!

Cheeers