JVC Cancorders...?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by 12harry, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    JVC almost never features on these pages...
    --- but this caught my eye - waterproof, 40x Zoom, 5hr-battery
    -this is the JVC GZ RX615 £339 Argos . . . ( but some other places are cheaper ).
    However the Spec is poorly laid-out and somewhat "thin" - nothing on Audio jacks, and what this photographer wants . . lots of waffle about what you can do with the pictures ( applies to any device..?).... doesn't give any reassurance.
    However, on YT-Review, there is a very wobbly picture of a European (?) church - and frankly, if that's the best you can get from this camcorder it's not going to find a home here.
    I accept that YT may degrade performance, but zooming about in silence, doesn't strike me as much of a Review!
    One aspect of this camcorder is claimed low-light performance....but there is no Spec to excite and the YT-Review missed this, - but more searching might...​
    Downsides are a worry - "built-in battery" - does this mean I can't replace it, like iPhones..?
    +The Zoom is "considerable" which also might point to "Performance over Quality" -

Thoughts....?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,517