1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC Camcorders ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ScoobyZ, Oct 9, 2004.

1. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi just been to argos to take advantage of their camcorder sale and bought 2, one to keep and one to sell one to a pal / on ebay.

Im a complete novice as never been able to afford one before.

Any idea which one is the best to keep. I know one is more expensive and have searched online but cant find any decent reviews.

One is a JVC-GR-DX25ek (i paid £112.50)

other is a JVC-GR-D200ek (I paid £162.50)

the argos codes incase you want to find a bargain is:563/0970 and 563/1223
    Thanks in advance
    Scooby

2. Centurion

Centurion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off i would like to say "what a bargain"! The prices you paid for them are mental, both usually cost bout 300-400 dabs, so which ever you choose to sell your gunna make a profit. Deciding which cam your staying with wont be to much of a problem as there very similar, both with 16x optical zoom same ccd and so on.

3. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Yep got a couple of bargains. Managed to pick up another JVC-GR-D200ek today.

So will sell 2. to fund the other :)

Just cant decide what to keep just read to reviews both got 80% and they are fetching similair money on ebay.

4. chez

chez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have briefly used the GR-DX95EK (similar to the 25, but with a larger screen) and the GR-D200EK.

I found the DX95 to be too small to comfortably hold (and subsequently, got a lot of 'shake' in any video taken with it)..

I also found the picture to be significantly worse than the D200 and the Sony TRV22E (which I kept)...

HTH
    Chez :)

5. pauliewalnuts

pauliewalnuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    scooby, where did you get these camcorders? The codes you give are not recognised.
    Cheers

6. chez

chez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    The codes won't be recognised by their website, they came from a clearance of ex-catalogue stock....

7. haveagoade

haveagoade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :nono:
    :thumbsdow Sorry to rain on your party but have a look here about Just Very Crap camcorders
    http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=009ZB5

I bought one some months ago from argos like yourself .....it was a JVC at unbelivable price..........and yes it was to good to be true........it must have been a return as it was a bag of trouble.......so be carefull.....think about an extended warranty........have a look at my thread at the bottom of the site .

These JVC's :mad: are notorious for their error messages and blue screen of death.

8. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I got them from Argos, part of the 75% off sale, they were orignally £650 and £450 and if you look at the article you will see it was a bit of a mistake / staff offer. I will probably sell two of them soon as I can supply the receipt and warranty so will still be a good deal for somebody.

Both are reviews on www.whatcamcorder.net and go a 80% score even at prices of £600 / £650 !!

No mention of these 2 camcorders on that post, and not a return. Its fine and part of there 75% off mistake that has been highlighted here ! Also I worked at a place that shifted returned JVC camcorders so know what they are like and these as mint and new. Im well chuffed as they are good for the money and even if I sell them for £100-150 more that what I paid someone will still get a bargain well below retail price.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/news/page.cfm?objectid=14746521&method=full&siteid=89488

9. chez

chez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Have you tried either camera yet??

Just from holding them I think you'll find out which you prefer...as I said above, the 95 (which is the same size as the 25 but better) was too small (altohugh very cool) and needed 2 hands to hold it without shaking....

The D200 was far better in terms of picture quality too....

PS - do you post on another forum (computer related) as well?? ;)

10. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Yep, I have big hands, both felt OK though. I like them both.

Yep I do post on a couple of computer board as like a bargain ;)

11. chez

chez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Have you actually taken any footage with them though??

I found that any footage taken with the smaller one was much 'shakier' (apart from the fact it was also grainier, darker and with much less detail!)

12. haveagoade

haveagoade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

No mention of these 2 camcorders on that post, and not a return. Its fine and part of there 75% off mistake that has been highlighted here ! Also I worked at a place that shifted returned JVC camcorders so know what they are like and these as mint and new. Im well chuffed as they are good for the money and even if I sell them for £100-150 more that what I paid someone will still get a bargain well below retail price.

Yes there are all mint and new but that dont mean they won't be plagued by the error messages that occur with all recent JVC cameras...............if you read the posts its a tape problem. Its a worldwide problem as well..........bookmark the site for the future.