1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC Camcorder will not charge!! HELP

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gregclarks, Jan 25, 2005.

1. gregclarks

gregclarks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC GR-D31EK, DV Camcorder and the unti works fine plugged into the mains, but the battery is completely dead, and it will not charge. With a multimeter, the lithium-Ion battery is completely drained. If i connect my cameras + - battery terminals to a power supply the camera works just fine, so i know its the dead battery, so...

(big silence)

The charging circuit is obviously dead within the Camera, the LED is blinking but their is no1 home, any idea how to remedy this situation, anyone happen to have the same problem? Can you buy some type of seperate Lithium Ion charger for the battery?? Is my portable camera dream shattered??? Ay help would be not just appreciated, but cherished.

Thanks in advance

Greg
    www.1EIGHTY.co.uk

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just do a search for JVC charger on ebay (www.ebay.co.uk) they're ten a penny and as cheap as chips.... make sure you get the right one!! It could be a knackered battery tho' - they do fail... :rolleyes: Good luck!

3. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Incidentally if you carefully use your multimeter on the battery charging terminals of the camcorder with it powered on you should be able to see if it's actually providing a voltage to charge the battery... If the LED is flashing when the battery is in though, I think I would be more likely to suspect the battery - they are cheap on ebay also.. hope this helps.