JVC camcoder known fault

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Geoffw, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Geoffw

Geoffw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi everyone. Appologies if you already know this.
    Just been asked to look at a JVC camcoder that had the message "Lense cap"even though the lense cap is removed.
    So i jumped on the JVC support web site to find that they have identified the this fault as a failure of the CCD image sensor. To quote: - a small quantity of units of the models listed,may, while in camera mode, show no picture,a distorted picture and/or display "Lense Cap". Until 1st October 2007, JVC will cover the cost of repairs of units exhibiting these symptons.
    Excellent, but, my mate had not used his for a few months. I wonder if this free repair shouldn't be extended to any of the affected part numbers, shown on JVC's site, indefinately.
    Hope this helps anyone.:)

2. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Do you please have a link to the list of those models affected?

3. mad murph

mad murph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. john7a

john7a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jvc grd 50ek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had this problem late last year .made a few enquiries but was probobly gonna cost me loads to get it fixed ,left camera until I saw this post a few weeks ago.
    So back out came the camera but when I switched it on
    i ejected the tape,then closed the carrier and nothing happened the power died ,I thought it was the battery so I connected up to mains but still not working or charging , no power to camera at all. any ideas ???

cheers john

5. leomakki

leomakki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like you have blown at least 1 fuse. (please contact me at [email protected] for more details)