JVC camcoder known fault

Geoffw

Hi everyone. Appologies if you already know this.
Just been asked to look at a JVC camcoder that had the message "Lense cap"even though the lense cap is removed.
So i jumped on the JVC support web site to find that they have identified the this fault as a failure of the CCD image sensor. To quote: - a small quantity of units of the models listed,may, while in camera mode, show no picture,a distorted picture and/or display "Lense Cap". Until 1st October 2007, JVC will cover the cost of repairs of units exhibiting these symptons.
Excellent, but, my mate had not used his for a few months. I wonder if this free repair shouldn't be extended to any of the affected part numbers, shown on JVC's site, indefinately.
Hope this helps anyone.:)

Moviebuff

Do you please have a link to the list of those models affected?

john7a

Standard Member
jvc grd 50ek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had this problem late last year .made a few enquiries but was probobly gonna cost me loads to get it fixed ,left camera until I saw this post a few weeks ago.
So back out came the camera but when I switched it on
i ejected the tape,then closed the carrier and nothing happened the power died ,I thought it was the battery so I connected up to mains but still not working or charging , no power to camera at all. any ideas ???

cheers john

L

leomakki

jvc grd 50ek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had this problem late last year .made a few enquiries but was probobly gonna cost me loads to get it fixed ,left camera until I saw this post a few weeks ago.
So back out came the camera but when I switched it on
i ejected the tape,then closed the carrier and nothing happened the power died ,I thought it was the battery so I connected up to mains but still not working or charging , no power to camera at all. any ideas ???

cheers john

It sounds like you have blown at least 1 fuse. (please contact me at [email protected] for more details)

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom