1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC Batteries

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by davidgirecourt, Sep 4, 2003.

1. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me why when you want to by a battery it never seems to be the same from one shop to the other. I was looking to by a BNVP 312 battery for my camcorder. Although the reference is the same it ranges between 1250 and 1700maH.

At the end I got one rated 1700 from the US and it lasted a whooping 145min with LCD screen on. LCD screen off I think it would still running as we speak.

Any ideas?

David

2. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    different mAh ratings = different length in times. there's generally different batteries at different costs to meet different needs / money availability.

when i had my jvc i'd run a 3500mAh rated battery and with the LCD open i got around 7 hours use from it. im back down to "about an hour" with my new sony, and can't afford the new battery/wide angle lens/microphone i want atm. doh!

3. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got that

it's just that the JVC website will sale you a BNV312 at 1260mah and the one I bought (from sabahoceanic.com) -a BNV312 as well- is rated 1700mah.

Is it me?

4. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    nope, the BNV312 is simply a "type" of battery that will fit a certain range of cameras. the mAh is the capacity.. for instance...

as a "metaphor"

JVC = Coca Cola Company
    BNV312 = Vanilla Coke
    1260mAh = 330ml Can
    1700mAh = 500mml Bottle

so exactly the same thing, just in different capacitys. you'll notice the battery you bought is probably bigger than the one on the JVC website. my battery used to stick out half a mile and was a good 4x the size of the 800mAh standard battery they supplied me with.

5. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And the light was!!!

Thanks for that, now I now.

Cheers