1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AVR25 help needed!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Weinberg, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got an imported N64 just a few days ago and had it modded to output in RGB, all my other kit does RGB too and I haven't had this problem. Basically it flickers quite a bit, and this is apparently why (from the person who's an expert)
    "Unfortunately the flicker is a side effect of the video output boost you have to perform on the N64 to get a usable image for RGB display otherwise the signal is too dark (even if you turn up the gain on your TV)
    On my TV this noise (flicker) is not visible at all but I know that on certain others it can be, especially if you have the contrast etc turned up high - the alternative is to use an external booster circuit, the noise is reduced but the image loses some sharpness."

So it's my TV's fault partly that the flicker is visible. Is there any way, using the service menu perhaps, to do something about it? VNR doesn't do anything and I've tried adjusting the contrast as he said and doesn't do much.

TIA!