• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

JVC AV32X4 Problem!!!

R

rebel_scum

Bought a 32" JVC 100hz flatscreen, about a month ago. To be frank ,the geometry was terrible, along with some other issues. I've gotten a fair grasp of the sevice menu, so I was able to correct hese issues to the best of my abilities. However, two days ago, a new problem has emerged. There is an almost constant 'pulsing' effect on everything I watch. I have a dvd player, Xbox, video recorder, and cable box connected to it, and thought it might be feedback from one of these, so tried the old faithful of connecting and disconnecting, seeing if when something was turned off, if the problem went way. No dice I'm afraid, and it's starting to cheese me off, having finally gotten a tv, which I'm fairly happy with. Is it a voltage or power supply problem, that's suddenly appeared, or what is it? can it be fixed by the service menus? Engineers are generally incompetent, in my experience. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

C

Chris Hedlund

I noticed this effect on a demo set in our local electrical store. The TV was playing music videos and the name of the group at the bottom of the screen was 'dancing' with the music. I posted on here and was told it was a poor power supply. Afraid it put me off buying the set. Incidently a lot of sets suffer from this.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom