1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV32X4 Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rebel_scum, Feb 19, 2005.

1. rebel_scum

rebel_scum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a 32" JVC 100hz flatscreen, about a month ago. To be frank ,the geometry was terrible, along with some other issues. I've gotten a fair grasp of the sevice menu, so I was able to correct hese issues to the best of my abilities. However, two days ago, a new problem has emerged. There is an almost constant 'pulsing' effect on everything I watch. I have a dvd player, Xbox, video recorder, and cable box connected to it, and thought it might be feedback from one of these, so tried the old faithful of connecting and disconnecting, seeing if when something was turned off, if the problem went way. No dice I'm afraid, and it's starting to cheese me off, having finally gotten a tv, which I'm fairly happy with. Is it a voltage or power supply problem, that's suddenly appeared, or what is it? can it be fixed by the service menus? Engineers are generally incompetent, in my experience. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Chris Hedlund

Chris Hedlund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed this effect on a demo set in our local electrical store. The TV was playing music videos and the name of the group at the bottom of the screen was 'dancing' with the music. I posted on here and was told it was a poor power supply. Afraid it put me off buying the set. Incidently a lot of sets suffer from this.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic. :(