1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV32T25, Good, Bad, Best price

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Fordy, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Maybe I'll have better luck getting an answer with this thread.

Is this Telly any good and what's the best price any of you guys seen?

2. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Cheapest £585 including stand and delivery from pricerunner

Can't tell you if it's any good though, or whether the retailer is any good. So I've answered one of your 3 questions.

3. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Cheers bud!

4. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    quite a bit cheaper here

Rich

5. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Nice one!

Has anyone dealt with digitaldirectuk.com?

6. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im also interested in this TV and the Av32R25!!!

Come on guys!!! Give us some help!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZ

Jenny.

7. Steve Amos

Steve Amos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My AV32T25 should arrive tomorrow and it was bought from digitaldirectuk.com.

I'll let you know what I think once it's up and running.

8. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Awwww cheers Steve! What a sweetie you are!

Are you anywhere near London? If so, invite me round for dinner and we can watch your new TV together!!

(Hope your not married! LOL :D )

Jenny. xxx

9. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I went ahead and ordered it last week, I'm still waiting. It should be here tomorrow. if not there will be... trouble.

10. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    R25 has built in sub and DPL with seperate satalite speaker terminals.
    T25 is stereo only and no sub.

If you are relying on the TV for sound then spash out on the R25. If not then save a few pounds and go for the T25. I bought a AV32R25 for £700 at the beginning of the year and I've never looked back. Fantastic picture although RGB can be a little dark. Sound is good especialy with a base heavy film like Men In Black or MTV. Can't compete with Dolby Digital though.

11. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question preston....

Whats the reliability of the TV? Have you seen any bad reviews online?

Im on the verge of ordering one...!!! :clap:

Also, ive just got JL Nottingham to price match the £635 price ive seen online. Do you know any other WALK IN stores that would do it cheaper.

Cheers, Jenny

(Monsiour....mmmm these 501s feel loverly! ):blush:

12. Steve Amos

Steve Amos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK it arrived this morning at 7:30am!! Now that's what I call early.

First impressions are that there is definitley a darker picture when using the RGB input (Sky and DVD). Is it a problem? I don't think so, as long you take some time to setup up the picture. The first mistake I made was to increase the contrast as suggested in other threads. This had the effect of making the RGB problem a lot worse not better. Once I got the TV, Sky box and DVD player set-up OK the RGB picture was great.

I'm not sure if you would have a problem with balancing a non RGB input (i.e. analogue TV) and an RGB input, but as I don't have a TV aerial I can't comment.

The picture geometry wasn't the best it could be out of the box, but it's failry easy to change it in the servcie menu (mute plus i+ pressed togther). If anyone has any details on the settings in the service menu, please share as some of the settings are obvious, i.e. V Size, H Size etc. but others I couldn't even guess at.

I can't really comment on the sound as I've got a dedicated soround sound system, but I would say that it's avergae from the couple of minutes listening I had during set-up.

Overall I'm very impressed at the picture quality and especially the price, which was £550 including delivery from digitaldirectuk.com.

It might not be perfect, but reading some of the problems experienced by others with variois TV's that cost twice the price I'm happy with what I've bought.

Steve

P.S. Tempting offer Jenny but I'm not sure the Wife would approve.

13. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    V glad your happy with the TV!!! Ive decided on the AV32R25, for the bass!

Oh well, a girl can but try! :blush: Dateless again...

14. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The tube went on mine after 6 months. I must admit I started to worry about the reliability because I only have 12 months guarentee. I asked the engineer about it and he said that JVC were usual good TVs and it was probably just one of those things.

That did put my mind at ease but there are some threads here about a loud buzzing noise but mine didn't suffer from that.

I think I would buy one again given that everything is fine now. I think JL give 5 year guarentees (of course you pay more) which would give added back up.

Go for it. I don't think there are many better 32" TV's for under a grand.

15. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Preston

How long have you had the telly for now?

Apart from the busted tube (lol) have you had any other problems? Poor picture / sound / geometry?!

Jenny. x

16. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    10 months. No other problems. Sound is fantastic. Usualy leave it on stereo because I don't have the satelites (they would spoil Mrs P's intrior decoration!). Psuedo Suround option sometimes makes the dialogue hard to hear but you can adjust individual speaker volumes (ie turn up the centre speaker).

The picture is v good. I don't use the RGB scart so I don't suffer from the "dark picture". S-Video is fine for my needs. If you do use RGB then be aware that the only way to "brighten" the picture is from the source ie the DVD player. The brightness, contrast, etc settings on the TV only work on S-Video and RF input.

You can adjust the gometry on the sets and on the 32" versions you can even adjust the tilt although I suspect you will not need to.

All in all a very nice TV, not perfect, but value for money.

17. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response preston....Mrs P seems like a lucky woman :blush:

Just a quick question, when you say its not perfect....what would you say is wrong with the TV?

Jenny. x

18. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mrs P is indeed a lucky lady. Not every wife has 32" of pure crystal clear flat screen tchnology to entertain them whilst their husbands are at the local pub lock in every night. ;)

Just the RGB picture. I can't remember how "bad" it was because I only tried it once. Don't think it bothered me.

To be honest I don't think there is a perfect TV out there. Certainly not in this price range. I suspect some of the B&O owners would claim so but then again they would have had to sell a kidney to fund it.

19. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Got mine last night, it took 3 of us to get it out of the box, but when i finally got it going its fantastic, sure the RGB picture is a little dark, but im sure theres a way round that, right?

now if anyone has any info about the service menus i'll be very grateful, i got them up last night and was too scared to change anything. I wouldnt know where to start.

Also how long do i have to keep the box? Its so huge you could fit a family of asylum seekers in it.

20. Steve Amos

Steve Amos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fordy,

I've tried most of the settings in the service menu with the exception of Shipping, which someone reported you couldn't change back from Yes to No.

As long you remember to write down the setting you can always set it back afterwards if it doesn’t have the desired affect.

The most useful settings in the service menu are the Geometry options, which will allow you to align the picture correctly (assuming your set is as bad as mine out of the box). The other option I’ve found useful to play with is the preset colours for Cool, Normal and Warm. This will allow you to change the colour balance even for RGB pictures, but it's a bit hit or miss if end up with anything you like.

The only thing that ended up annoying me about this set is the RGB picture via SKY. Originally I thought I had managed to get a picture that I liked but I’ve since found the picture to be too dark and I've reverted to composite, which isn't the best picture but at least I can alter the colour and contrast to get an acceptable picture.

I've thought about buying an RGB to SVIDEO converter, but I'm a bit hesitant as £80 for something that might not give me a better picture is a bit of a gamble.

Steve

21. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks for the advice Steve
    to be honest i've not noticed any great problems with the screen, ill run a THX Optomiser to test that.
    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BOX, THERE"S NO ROOM FOR AN EXTENSION IN MY FLAT!

22. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Ran the THX Optimiser. GOOD GOD! the screen was miles out. A little bit of carefull fiddling in the service menu put most of it right. Still got a little pull to the left in the bottom left hand corner, couldnt find a setting for that side of the screen but otherwise im happy.

Which is nice:D

23. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,292
    Setting shipping to Yes just means that the set has been returned to "shipping condition" and will go to auto-tune mode the next time you switch it on. That's why you can't change it to No - it will reset itself to No after it auto-tunes.