1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV32T25 - Excellent Set!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Phil.LFC, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Have finally got hold of this TV and I'm really pleased with it. After having had to wait months to get a replacement for the AV 32WFT1 I now have an even better TV. Even before it is turned on I think it looks superb - very stylish.
    The picture is fantastic especially through RGB. Reports of the 28" version being "dark" worried me before I got this set but it seems OK to me. I'm no expert but I haven't seen a better picture on ANY TV anywhere. There is no visible 50hz flicker and it is razor sharp. Grand Turismo 3 on the PS2 looks absolutely stunning when fed with RGB. I use this to show off the TV to friends. It's just a pity only 1 scart is RGB as SKY/PS2/DVD don't look anywhere near as good with composite video. I haven't had chance to try S-video yet as I don't have any S-video leads.
    I'm using a scart switching box from Maplins which cost about £10 but this only takes 2 feeds so I just keep changing the scarts when I use the PS2. I'll look out for a 3 way box.
    The Nicam sound is also very good but I use an amp anyway.
    This all sounds too good to be true - but there are a couple of problems:eek: :
    When I took my R1 Toshiba SD100 DVD to the shop to test the TV there were fan shaped moire patterns on certain shots on R1 discs. I still bought the TV though as I intend to change my DVD player soon. Strangely, since getting the TV home these patterns have not shown up?!
    4:3 geometry is a little dodgy - there is a couple of cm more black line down one side than the other and on the r/h/s it is a bit "wobbly". If anyone could advise on a cure for this I'd be grateful, although I don't really use 4:3 that much.
    The most annoying problem for me is that on certain scenes I can see a faint light vertical line running down the middle of the picture and an even fainter one towards the left hand side. They are only visible when there is a panning shot. Football is the easiest way to spot them. My wife is not bothered by them but now I know they are there I am always looking out for them I guess. It is ironic because this is why I sent back a WFT1 as this had the same problem but very noticeable on all shots. I will just live with it as it is very slight and everything else about the TV is great.
    After having read many horror stories on this forum I'm just glad to have a decent 32" W/S TV in my living room.
    The purchase was amazingly stress-free too. My local independent dealer phoned me as soon as he got it in stock. I went down the next day and tested it thoroughly in the shop. I said I was happy and he let me have it for £775. I know I could have got it a bit cheaper elsewhere but after having an horrendous experience buying mail order previously I was happy to pay. Customer service counts for a lot and the shop could not have been more helpful. It was 5pm when I bought the TV but they still followed me home there and then in a van with the TV.

Squirell God was right when he said that no TV is perfect. Each has it's own faults. You just have to make the most of what you have and that is what I'm doing. Overall I am extremely pleased with my new purchase and would highly recommend this TV to anyone:D

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you're happy with your purchase Phil :)

Thought you were going for the AV32R25 though? RGB sounds better on the T25 anyway!

3. sambullet

sambullet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I boughthe 32t25 and it is pretty good . I adjusted the geometry of the widescreen on the on screen menu . Havent bothered with the 4:3 yet. One thing I will say is when watching Lord of the rings I sometimes find it difficult to understand what the characters are saying. Not sure if this is an audio problem or that the actor doesnt speak clearly.

I use the RGB I assume this is through AV1 cos thats what I am using.

The cable I have is from Lectropacks and it is pretty good . the picture is sharp and I havent noticed it being toodark although I would need to plug in an s video to compare. I havent noticed any lines going down the screen though. there was a small white square dot of the RHS but it appears to have gone now.

If you have any tips on how to improve picture etc let me know

Cheers:eek:

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's most likely to do with the 3DPHONIC settings and the downmixing on your DVD player, among other things.

See my various posts on the following threads for discussion regarding this and related problems, as well as some "tweaking tips":

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47167

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44029

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40085

Also, you can adjust how much 3DPHONIC processing is applied in the JVC's menus - so as well as the above, experiment with that too. When I have my JVC, I preferred to turn it off altogether however as I found it to be far worse than Virtual Dolby.