1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Av32r4sk Picture Problems

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by seanyd, Apr 13, 2005.

1. seanyd

seanyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone (this is my first post so forgive me if i ramble)
    Whilst watching my television i notice that the black letterbox bar at the top of the screen is bigger than the bottom one and on Sky news/sports etc the scrolling bar along the bottom is virtually cut off alltogether.I have all the screen ratios set up correctly but while watching any movies in letterbox format even through my dvd player i notice the image is not quite central.I have tried checking this on bbc1 etc through my aerial and i still get a black bar across the top and the picture seems to be 'pushed down'.I have not encountered this problem on my previous tv(a jvc 32fr1eks i think it was) so this is new to me.Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,307
    You don't state if the set is still under guarantee but the fault you have is technically known as a "Frame Shift" problem and can be caused by a faulty component or an adjustment in the service menu required.

3. seanyd

seanyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your answer.Ive read about these service menus are they easy to access?Ive had the tv for about a month so i guess ive got 12 months guarantee.

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,307
    Yes, thay are easy if you know how to......but to be honest it's not advisable to go anywhere near it, an inexperienced person can really screw up the set and invalidate the guarantee.
    Best to report the fault to where you bought it.
    Just tell them the "frame needs shifting down" that's what it's technically known as.
    Good luck. :smashin:

5. seanyd

seanyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ithink i will contact the place from where i bought the tv.Thanks for your help