1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV32R4 - Adio Out Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Impailer, May 18, 2005.

1. Impailer

Impailer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm having a problem with my AV32R4 (3 days old) - I am not able to get a feed from the Audio Out Terminals at the back of the Television. JVC are in the process of arranging a replacement (which I want to avoid as it means having to stay in for it!).

I have told the TV that I want it to be the centre speaker (and set it to Movie Pro-logic II setting) and have connected the outputs to my amp - but there's no feed at all! I know the Amp is fine.

The television takes a feed from a coax cable and is showing a nican reception. There is also no audio output from the rear terminals when I run my DVD player.

For clarity - the built in speakers work just fine.

many thanks for your help

Alec

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    I think if I was in your position the slight inconvenience of having to stay in for delivery of a replacement is worth it.......if the set turns out to be faulty far better to get the replacement now rather than an attempted repair which may result in having to get it replaced anyway.
    Why not arrange to get a house-sitter on the delivery date.

3. Impailer

Impailer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fair point, but it means a day off work again - getting a house sitter is a little unfair as the delivery guy needs a hand unloading it and they are damn heavy! It just seems to me to be an odd problem - like I have missed something in the setup! Sods law says the next one will do the same, which will confirm my fears that its me, not the TV!

thanks though.