1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Av32r25

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dan666, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well I have finally been supplied with a decent TV! For the full report, click here:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102620

Anyway, the TV I have now is the JVC AV32R25. I originally wanted the AV32T25, which is basically the same as this but with a different stand and Nicam sound rather than Dolby ProLogic. The shop I bought it from was out of T25s, but had plenty of R25s in at only £20 more.

I can confirm that the picture quality is excellent - it puts my previous (and ill-fated) Toshiba 32Z23 to shame with its precise images, zero colour bleed, and no sign of flicker on bright colours, as per the Tosh. Also, the geometry is perfect - only a small adjustment was needed on the Tilt setting for a picture that is now as square as square can be.

There are a few minor quibbles - namely the slightly dark RGB picture, and a strange Widescreen switching function (even with Auto selected, it cant seem to recognize a normal 4:3 broadcast and stays in Full widescreen). Also, I was puzzled to find no rear speakers included even though the set is Dolby ProLogic - unimportant though, as all my sound is routed through a 5.1 setup.

All in all, Im very pleased with this set.

2. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi GUYS! Do you remember little old me?

5' 6", blonde, long legs, posted a pic, bought a JVC AV32R25?!

Just been sooo busy recently, and today is the first chance ive had to log in and tell you all how im getting on with my new television...

or starters....the JVC looks just beautiful! The sond is amazing and the bass that comes out of the integrated woofer makes me go weak at the knees...This TV is the audio visual equivalent of George Clooney...

I just have one question...When routed directly through the aeial the picture is pretty sharp...But I have an analogue cable system and when hooked up through this the picture doesnt looks so good.

Is my only option upgrading to digital Tv? :confused: Or can i reconfigure the setup to improve the picture somehow?

Help appreciated. Ive missed you guys!!!

Jenny
    xxx

3. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello Jenny - glad to hear you're enjoying this TV.

Ive got no experience of any kind of cable or satellite system, but could you describe the problem you're having a bit more clearly?

I have digital Freeview and the picture is exemplary. However, this could be down to the type of STB you opt for. I use a Netgem iPlayer but even with the best STB there will still be signs of compression artefacts (ie blocking on solid colours). Certainly wont be enough to spoil any viewing though.

(PS Yes; I did hunt high and low through your posts for the pic and no; I DONT believe thats you... any more evidence to back up your claim ;) ???)

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    The main reason is probably that the old analogue cable system is past its best. Most were never very good anyway but a good modern TV will certainly show up any inadequacies. If the cable box has S-VHS or RGB outputs you may well get a better picture using those. If not then it may be worth asking the cable company if you have digital in your area. The question of whether digital will give you a "better" picture is very subjective. Digital pictures are very clean and ghost free but, as Dan mentioned, they do suffer from digital artefacts, particularly on fast moving scenes. I certainly prefer a good analogue off-air picture to any Freeview or Sky feed that I've seen.

5. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,146
    This is extremely encouraging as I'm increasingly interested in the JVC 32's- the $64,000 question is whether they have component video inputs on board?

6. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    The AV-32R25 doesn't as it is a basic 50Hz set. The HV-32P37 DIST model does have component inputs.