1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV32R25 switching itself off

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Weinberg, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought this TV about a year and a half ago, and it has performed perfectly. However within the last few weeks, the TV switches itself off into standby mode every so often, say one or two times within a couple hours of watching.

I have absolutely no idea why it's happening, and as you can imagine, it's very annoying! I thought it could possibly be a fault with the remote (the standby button sticking, or an electronic fault inside it or something) but after hiding it completely when watching TV yesterday, it kept doing it.

Anyone know what's going on, or has anyone experienced the same with this TV?

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    It's impossible to say what's causing it witout an examination. Could be a component failing or, given the intermittent nature of the fault, a dry joint. Many different faults will cause the set to switch itself off as the internal protection will trip to prevent possible damage or excess voltage.