1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV32R25 Speaker Buzz

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by YtramC, Jan 20, 2003.

1. YtramC

YtramC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if anyone can help me with this one before I contact JVC, my three month old AV32R25 has developed an annoying speaker buzz. Muting the sound leaves a very audible buzz and when watching at low volume can clearly be heard (and is very irritating). Turning off the speakers from the menu stops the buzz completely!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    This is not a known problem and sounds sounds like a fault. You should contact you retailer first.

3. YtramC

YtramC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An update on this buzzing, just as mysterious as how the buzzing started, it has stopped! No buzzing at all for the last few days! I'm going to keep listening to see if ir re-occurs!

Marty

4. JohnTres

JohnTres
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same buzz from the centre speaker - even on mute. I'm afraid it used to come and go so you may find that your buzzing comes back.
    Swapped it for a new one which luckily did not buzz (but had a blurred picture so got swapped for a Sony).

I'd get it swapped if I were you.

John

5. YtramC

YtramC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of weeks and if it persists will contact the store for a replacement. Having read a couple of other threads on buzzing speakers it seems that electrical interference from extension leads and other applicances can cause the same effect. I'm going to make sure the wife and I don't plug anything into the same wall point for a few days just in case!

Marty