1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc AV28X4S v Sony KV28CS70S

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ace420, Jul 25, 2004.

1. ace420

ace420

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ppl,

i still seem to be struggling choosing a new tv i've narrowed it down to these two,Jvc AV28X4S or Sony KV28CS70S, i was originally after a sony kv28fx68, but it is now dicontinued. both the tv's have 100hz and 3 scarts. however the jvc is a lot cheaper than the sony. you guys have the knowledge, :lease: help me out. i basically want a tv under £600 with atleast 2 rgb enabled scarts. possibly 100hz. by the way is the picture on the sony better than the jvc?

2. philangst

philangst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Didn't know the Sony KV32FX68 had been discontinued? You can still get it at the moment. Try this link: -here

3. drljames

drljames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
  4. cerat

cerat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the manual on the JVC site, the 28 inch X4 doesn't have geomagnetic correction control. So, going on the comments on this forum, along with my recent experience with 28-inch R25s and R4s, the question is, do you mind watching a display (esp. DVDs) that has picture tilt (anywhere in the region of 5-10mm)? Sorry to bang on about this, but you might be grateful that I did!

5. ace420

ace420

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so cerat what you're basically saying is that i should go for the sony then? as for the sony kv28fx68, i know some sites still do it, but i would like to purchase from JL, in order to get myself a five year warranty. cerat as for this picture tilt problem is that common on all jvc's especially the x4, or just some sets?

6. cerat

cerat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ace

I can’t give a positive view on the Sony model, because I haven’t seen it. I can give a negative view on the JVC on account that doesn’t come with geo-control. Unless the manufacturing quality on the X4 is better than on the R4, you would have to assume that the X4 likely comes supplied with the picture tilt problem that appears common to the R4s. The fault cannot be corrected: there is no service menu adjustment, and the scanning coils are bonded onto the tube. I suspect that many people even don’t notice the tilt because most times they’re watching a panoramic/full screen on broadcast material. On the other hand, if you were making your purchase from JL there would be no problem in returning the set, even if the picture tilt were within the 5mm tolerance level set by JVC. Have you thought about the 28D40? I believe that this model does come with geo-control. The model's a bit pricey, but since JL stock it, you could do a bit of research and get a price match.