JVC AV28X35HKE RGB Prob

hunkiemunkey

Standard Member
Hi

Just went into Currys yesterday and picked up a JVC AV28X35HKE TV and got it for £450 ex-display (very good.) The manual says scart 1 have RGB, but when I connected my DVD player (Samsung DVD511 - Shocking I know) via RGB the picture appeared green. I retried this on scart 2 - same problem, but on scart 3 it appeared fine. Thing is, the manual says only scart 1 can handle RGB. Is my DVD player at fault here?

Any help would be much appreciated

GaryB

Distinguished Member
Your TV does indeed have 2 RGB inputs - Ext 1 and Ext 2. The reason for the green RGB picture is almost certainly the DVD player. I suspect this may be the same problem as experienced by several clones of Samsung DVD HC systems in which the designers made a bit of a booboo and output sync on green (the professional standard) and well as sync on composite (the domestic standard) in RGB mode. This confuses some Sony and JVC TVs and gives a green picture. I know the manufacturers who sold the clones made upgrade CDs available to fix this so I suggest you ask Samsung if this is one of the affected models, and if so, ask them what they can do to help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom