1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV28X35HKE RGB Prob

Discussion in 'TVs' started by hunkiemunkey, Feb 15, 2004.

1. hunkiemunkey

hunkiemunkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Just went into Currys yesterday and picked up a JVC AV28X35HKE TV and got it for £450 ex-display (very good.) The manual says scart 1 have RGB, but when I connected my DVD player (Samsung DVD511 - Shocking I know) via RGB the picture appeared green. I retried this on scart 2 - same problem, but on scart 3 it appeared fine. Thing is, the manual says only scart 1 can handle RGB. Is my DVD player at fault here?

Any help would be much appreciated

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    Your TV does indeed have 2 RGB inputs - Ext 1 and Ext 2. The reason for the green RGB picture is almost certainly the DVD player. I suspect this may be the same problem as experienced by several clones of Samsung DVD HC systems in which the designers made a bit of a booboo and output sync on green (the professional standard) and well as sync on composite (the domestic standard) in RGB mode. This confuses some Sony and JVC TVs and gives a green picture. I know the manufacturers who sold the clones made upgrade CDs available to fix this so I suggest you ask Samsung if this is one of the affected models, and if so, ask them what they can do to help.