JVC AV28WFT1 how do i access the service menu?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by goonie007, Mar 6, 2002.

1. goonie007

goonie007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just recieved this tv today 2 days after ordering from empiredirect.co.uk which was nice .but ive found 2 problems
    1.4.3 geometry is bad (which i knew about already and not arsed about)
    2. when usin panoramic zoom watchin terrestrial channels the geometry is a few mm's out at the top and bottom of the right hand side so could this be fiddled with in the service menu?how do i access the menu ?

2. RH_Warrior

RH_Warrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Try (i)+mute buttons simultaneously.
    Don't expect a truckload of settings though! =)
    (If I remember correctly, the set stores separate geometry settings for each picture mode, which is useful....)

Cheers,

/Ze Warrior

3. goonie007

goonie007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got the menu on now and fixed the problem thanks for the help.

4. RH_Warrior

RH_Warrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, NP...

5. Russell

Russell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know if there's any way of adjusting for the RGB shift ? On my set the RGB moves about 3/4" to the left and up a bit and I'd like to be able to set it up with minimal overscan and properly centred for all sources.

6. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do a search for the full topic posted months ago.

NOTE ALL THE DEFAULT SETTINGS ON THE SERVICE MENU BEFORE YOU DO THIS!

But basically for RGB shift:

press (i) + mute. Press 4. Use arrows keys to cycle down to number 4 or 3 (hor...something). This is the horizontal alignment. If you adjust this the image will move sideways!

Sorted

:)

7. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've notice that in RGB mode you can't alter the colour, brightness, sharpness etc. Does this happen on all TVs or just the WFT1?

8. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    RGB is a direct feed of red, green and blue and can't be adjusted

9. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As Ian says, RGB images have the colours separated/quantified in a very exact way and so alterations aren't necessary.

There's absolutely no reason why contrast/sharpness should be disabled though and my current JVC model is the first set I've had which has a 'fixed' setting for RGB (brightness can be adjusted, but that's it). My Philips 6005 allowed every extreme of contrast to be selected and I could set it close to maximum before any blooming occured (and the vibrancy of the image increased with the contrast). I could also change sharpness & NR in order to compensate for the variety of different sources/software used.

My 14" Sharp portable and 28" Panasonic PL1 were equally versatile with RGB reproduction, with only the 'colour' setting being off-limits. I've tried changing the PAL presets in the service menu, but found that the new values were only applied to tuner/video material and I couldn't change the reproduction of DVD's in any way shape or form. So, aside from conventional brightness, I think you just get what you're given with JVC sets....

10. Russell

Russell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ice cool

Thanks for the reply but I knew that bit. What I wanted was a separate control (like on the user menu of my Sony portable) which moves RGB pictures onto the same place on the screen as non-RGB. The horizontal shift you describe moves all types of picture so now I have a perfectly centred picture in RGB but it's about 3/4" too far to the right with everything else.

Anybody else?