1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Av28t25s/av28t25eks

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Neil53, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Neil53

Neil53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This set from JVC appears to meet my requirements. viz:-

50 Hz (dont like the nasty smearing you can get with 100 Hz)
    3 Scarts
    The family like the appearance

I have a dolby digital amp so don't need any special sound, just decent quality picture.

Anyone got one of these, seen any reviews or got any general comments on JVCs?

2. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Neil53,

I have a AV28S2ek on loan to me for a month until I receive my Loewe Xelos. This tv is the one I was originally going to get, i'm really impressed with the set. Haven't had any problems with it and as you say it looks really good especially in a cool blue colour.

The sound quality is pretty good. I have it connected up to an amp at the moment until I decide what av amp i'm wanting, but it lives up to all my expectations. The only problem I have with it is when switching on the tv, it goes it to demo mode! which is a nuisance but have found a way around that.

I hope that helps you...

Stan:p :p

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Stanley_Cooper,
    If I were you I would keep the JVC. You sound very happy, the JVC is a very good television. The picture clarity, lack of 100hz nasties, geometry and sound are fine. The sets are also well built.
    Why not express your delight and agree that you may try the Loewe yourself, to content yourself it is worth paying the extra, on the understanding you might keep the JVC.
    It's your opinion that counts.
    By the way, the demo mode is cancelled in the menus, you just turn it off, it won't come back.
    Just noticed in your other thread, with regard to the Loewe cheese grator stand, if you go ahead with the Xelos, I'm sure you already realise Loewe vcrs and dvds operate with the doors shut. I would buy a nice AV stand, personally.

4. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes true I do like the tv.

But having tested out the Loewe Xelos which I find the quality to be much higher standard than the jvc. Also I was looking for a 100Hz TV and fell in love when I saw the tv.

I've my heart set on that one tv now.:rolleyes:

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Stanley_Cooper,
    Yes, I prefer 100hz too.
    Enjoy your Xelos.